Dollar Rental - Port Pickup

nbsjcruiser

We'll be getting off the Allure in November and I've arranged for a rental car from Dollar which appears to be the cheapest option. Dollar says it has a Port Everglades pickup location so I selected that. Anyone know where that location is or do they just shuttle you to the Airport?

Nobody has a location within the Port. The closest car rental locations are on 17th, just outside of the northern part of the Port. Otherwise you will likely be at the airport.

A search of the board will tell you who is on 17th.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Dollar/Thrifty is just outside the port security gate on Miami Rd/24th St-84. Very close to the port!

See map here

ahhhh - thanks to your info I found the place here:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@26.0927265,-80.1357337,3a,75y,144.24h,76.07t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1scEu2dMLqDdKWJzqKOEvz2w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

I assume they have a shuttle then that will pick you up at the ship and drop you off?

Yes, it is right outside one of the gates to the port on 24th street. I have used it several times to drop off a car. The have a shuttle which will take you to the ship although sometimes it gets messy with people pushing there way ahead of others waiting for the shuttle.