Jacksonville Hotels without car

loretta5ue

We're cruising in the Carnival Elation 12/17- 22, and have time off from work 12/15-Christmas.

Southwest opens flight bookings on Thursday 5/19, and I need some advise on where to stay in Jacksonville. We plan on flying in precruise with at least 1 hotel night, though I'd rather fly on the 15th (the 16th is my birthday)... I'm also looking at staying post cruise just so we don't have to rush to the airport but it's completely dependent on Southwest, Christmas is on a Sunday, we leave the ship on Thursday.

Hoping to stay in a budget up to $150 per night, and would like to stick with Uber or Taxi for transport if not included in the room.

How late will you arrive?

Lots of hotels near the Jax airport along with chain dining and some shopping options. Most of the hotel shuttles will transport you within a couple of miles for tips. Taxi from the Jax airport and nearby hotels to the port is about $30.

We're cruising in the Carnival Elation 12/17- 22, and have time off from work 12/15-Christmas.

Southwest opens flight bookings on Thursday 5/19, and I need some advise on where to stay in Jacksonville. We plan on flying in precruise with at least 1 hotel night, though I'd rather fly on the 15th (the 16th is my birthday)... I'm also looking at staying post cruise just so we don't have to rush to the airport but it's completely dependent on Southwest, Christmas is on a Sunday, we leave the ship on Thursday.

Hoping to stay in a budget up to $150 per night, and would like to stick with Uber or Taxi for transport if not included in the room.

If you are staying at the Northside area you can find lots of different hotels, we stayed ones at the Red Roof Inn (65-70dlls per night). The easy way is to rent a JAX airport shuttle booking directly from the Internet, that worked for us. Its going to be an awesome trip at a Carnival Cruise!!

Flights don't show up until Thursday so we won't know our options until then

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you look at the schedule for the closest month available the flight times should be about the same.

If you look at the schedule for the closest month available the flight times should be about the same.

I've been doing that to estimate how many points we'll need:

2rna1ig.jpg

So either arriving early or late.

The Hilton Garden Inn near the airport offers a reasonably priced shuttle to the port. It is clean, comfortable, and much nicer than the Red Roof which is kind of sketchy IMHO.

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in April for my cruise and agree that this is an excellent choice. Very nice and they will give you a number to call for $8 shuttle to cruise port. Restaurants within easy walk altho they have a bar and restaurant. I already have reservations there for my April 2017 cruise.

The Hilton Garden Inn near the airport offers a reasonably priced shuttle to the port. It is clean, comfortable, and much nicer than the Red Roof which is kind of sketchy IMHO.

Thanks for the tip on the Hilton Garden Ducklite & Elklemi - I've been looking at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville - Blount Island, but our flight will probably be arriving late 11p and staying closer to the airport might be better (Flying in 2 days prior to cruise.)

The flight I wanted to take (the schedule changed for the holiday time block so it isn't the screenshot) left at 5:30am any my guy gets home from work at 4am so that would be cutting it too close... Also we have a plane change and he'd be too sleepy for that.

Our return flight options have an 11:55am departure and a 2:45pm, I've done the early flight thing and we do have FTTF but I'm nervous about cutting it that close, and it has a 30 minute longer layover.

Air purchased

&

We're booked at that Hilton Garden

It looks like it's a mile from a shopping center with a movie theater which is great because the next Star Wars movie comes out on 12/16!

It is very close to a large shopping center with any number of stores, restaurants, the theater, etc. I am pretty sure the HGI will provide a shuttle, if not it won't be more than a $5-6 Uber.

If you go to that theater. Go before dark.

My Father and I eat at the Ruby Tuesday right infront of the Hilton. We like it better than longhorn.

On the other side of I-95 ( the mall side). There is a BJ brewhouse. And a Carrabba's / outback. Right next to each other...

Hey, thanks... You know that area well, where should we get our wine and maybe a bottle of scotch for at the hotel? I see a grocery store and a Walmart that should sell wine.

If you go to that theater. Go before dark.

My Father and I eat at the Ruby Tuesday right infront of the Hilton. We like it better than longhorn.

On the other side of I-95 ( the mall side). There is a BJ brewhouse. And a Carrabba's / outback. Right next to each other...

The theater is perfectly safe at night. I have no idea why you would think otherwise.

The theater is perfectly safe at night. I have no idea why you would think otherwise.

I think the other poster meant about walking back and forth at night, that's something we're careful about especially around cars at high speeds

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/12/600-people-involved-in-movie-theater-brawl-5-arrested/

No, I meant that it is not always safe in the area surrounding the airport,

I frequent the mall where the movie theater is and have eaten in all of the restaurants that are there.. I always aware after it get dark to be extra vigilant.

I constantly get panhandlers asking for money

My house was robbed, and all the neighbors in the neghorhood where I moved from still report continual drive-bys of teens looking for optimistic theft. My neighorhood was 2.5 miles from the mall.

So ducklite, that is why I think otherwise

Just like any other place where there is crime. If you are smart and don't look like a target you will be fine. If you look like a tourist with loads of cash on you, someone may notice you and decide to rob you

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you have enjoyed your Christmas vacations, not sure for what service you decided, but here is another one in case you need it in the future, for Jacksonville I book for a jacksonville airport shuttle is a good service, drivers are so professional in their job.