Best Beach/Snorkeling option

Itsbeentoolong

Hi, i.m looking at 2 tours and wondered if anyone had done both and could tell me which one has the better beach and clearer waters.

One is a capital and beach trip to Cockleshell Bay, i like the look of the Reggae Beach Bar and Green Monkeys.

or

A ferry trip to Nevis

Thanks

We have been to St. Kitts several times, both during cruises and week-long vacations at the Marriott. We were there just last week and spent one day at Cockleshell beach. It is a great way to spend the day and it's a very picturesque drive getting there. We went to Reggae Beach Bar and rented two chairs and un umbrella. Just go pick out a spot and someone will come up to collect. The beach is full of shells (mostly broken) and some rocks so it's a bit rough on the feet getting into the water. But once your in, it's sand and clear beautiful water. There were a few people snorkeling there but we saw dozens of fish that came up to us and starting swimming around us! We bought a few t-shirts at their shop and stopped at the bar for drinks and hush puppies. The food and drinks are great and the staff is very friendly. It's a very fun place to spend the day! If you don't like sitting in chairs right next to one another (Both Spice Mill and Reggae Beach Bar rent but the chairs are VERY compact) stroll down the beach a little way (to the middle area between Spice Mill and RBB) and there are several smaller bars that rent chairs and umbrellas that are more spread out.

If you are looking for a beach break and snorkeling, I highly recommend Leeward Island Charters in St. Kitts. This is a full day excursion that starts at the marina just a five-minute walk from the ship. It includes a catamaran trip to Nevis, including a stop off the island of St Kitts for snorkeling (gear included), full lunch on the beach on Nevis, time to swim and enjoy the sandy white beach in Nevis, and catamaran back. The catamaran has a fun crew, caribbean music and includes rum punch and beer. We have booked with Leeward Island Charters many times and this is our very favorite excursion!

South Friars is good snorkelling. Got to be really careful getting in though as sea urchins are all along the shallow reef so you should get in either at shipwreck bar or the other end of the beach where there is no reef or a gap in the reef (depending on which way the current is flowing, gets really tiring going against the current!).

The reef is really shallow (not even a foot in places) but behind it is sand where I saw stingrays and spotted eagle rays, as well as all the fish on the reef. You'll see conchs and starfish as well. I can recommend the "sunset beach bar" with blue parasols halfway down the beach too!

4USD each way from cruise terminal. There are plenty of taxis coming and going to take you back afterwards.

Edited by dreadnought101

If you are looking for a beach break and snorkeling, I highly recommend Leeward Island Charters in St. Kitts. This is a full day excursion that starts at the marina just a five-minute walk from the ship. It includes a catamaran trip to Nevis, including a stop off the island of St Kitts for snorkeling (gear included), full lunch on the beach on Nevis, time to swim and enjoy the sandy white beach in Nevis, and catamaran back. The catamaran has a fun crew, caribbean music and includes rum punch and beer. We have booked with Leeward Island Charters many times and this is our very favorite excursion!

Is this tour expensive to do?

I think it is about $99 per person which includes catamaran to Nevis, snorkeling (equipment provided), lunch on Nevis (baked chicken, salads, hot dogs, etc), and drinks (rum punch, beer, sodas, water). This trip takes 5-6 hours. Their website is leewardislandcharters.com.