Seishin

rols

Can someone who's travelled recently on Silver Spirit please tell us what the line is currently doing with Seishin?

Our last trip on Spirit was a few years ago, quite a few, Seishin was Japanese food only, open for dinner, reservations and I seem to recall, a fee. We had a lovely evening there, it was rather sparsely populated if I remember correctly. The food wasn't at all bad for on-ship sushi and the staff were delightful.

I've read that it's now more pan-asian than just Japanese and that it's open at lunchtime (fee or not?) serving sushi. That would be quite a plus for us if so, that would be a good lunch.

We'd be very grateful if someone could comment on the current menu offerings and how they found the experience.

Last summer Seishin was open for lunch (no charge) every day except one, and we were on a port-intensive itinerary. I would recommend it - we ate there twice. It was mostly sushi/sashimi at lunch.

For its size, Silver Spirit has quite a few dining options for lunch ... as many as five venues. The variety was a plus for us.

We were recently onboard, and Seishen was open for lunch most days for no additional fee. The sushi and other items were very good. Not sure why they do not have miso soup (or any soup at all) at lunch.

The sushi is much better than that found on the buffet in La Terraza, probably because it is fresher.

We did not eat there in the evening. Mainly because there are plenty of other good options, and I could not see paying the extra fee. I did look at the menu, and it appeared to be all Japanese. There was the Waygu beef, a sushi and sashimi starter, green tea ice cream, and a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember, but all Japanese.

The other thing they could do to be really outstanding would be to have proper green tea with Japanese type service pieces. I asked for green tea, and they brought the same tea bag green tea as served in the rest of the ship in a regular teacup.

Thanks for that - sounds like they've done something more with that space than they did originally which is good news.

Ok time to price up the cruise, frown hard and press the book button (ie call the travel agent), it will be nice to be back on Silversea again, if for nothing else, to have a slight change.