Biggest Waves in a Decade

jack300s

Watching the news tonight on CBS. They're forecasting 40 to 50 foot waves tomorrow at Sunset Beach.

Huge waves around the islands. I bet it will be rocking and rolling on the ship for a few days....

I was supposed to be on the Miracle coming in today, but we had to move our dates to April, so I have been watching this story. I hope everyone is able to have a safe and fun time despite this weather and the high winds. Considering the high cost and long-term planning most of us put into this itinerary, it is depressing to think there could be missed ports, but safety is always first. Hoping for the best for all the travelers in Hawaii in the coming days. I am rethinking not buying Bonine as I have not needed it in the past (I use ginger tea, though). I know April is far off still, but I want to be prepared. I have been reading for months; this is my first post on the Hawaii board.

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Aloha Kakou,http://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

I work on the Star Princess, along with my wife, and the ride over was, to say the least...bumpy. We were forced to reschedule Lahaina, and today in Honolulu is grey, dark and rainy. We head to Nawiliwili tomorrow, so it might be rocky as well. But, no matter...Hawai'i Nei is beautiful and to paraphrase what they say about golf, "a bad day of cruising is still better then a good day at work".

Malama Pono,

Dave

(of Elua)

Aloha Kakou,http://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

I work on the Star Princess, along with my wife, and the ride over was, to say the least...bumpy. We were forced to reschedule Lahaina, and today in Honolulu is grey, dark and rainy. We head to Nawiliwili tomorrow, so it might be rocky as well. But, no matter...Hawai'i Nei is beautiful and to paraphrase what they say about golf, "a bad day of cruising is still better then a good day at work".

Malama Pono,

Dave

(of Elua)

Do you think it is a little less bumpy in April???

We missed you guys last April on the Golden. We had a really smooth cruise. Hope to see you this April 4th on the Star Princess.

Grace

We were on the Miracle trip and it was interesting. 24 hours before heading in to Maui it started getting rough, and around 10PM the night before port we had all the glasses in the room fly off the counter and shatter on the floor. Housekeeping came right away and cleaned up, they said they we getting a lot of the same calls all over the ship. We arrived in Maui about 4 hours late and then we did have to miss the final port in Kona due to the waves and not being able to tender. We made the best of it and enjoyed the trip despite the sometime not ideal weather.