Houston terminal conditions

Susie51

Today the Houston Airports are reporting that all of the roads approaching IAH and HOU are "passable," but HOU has several delayed or cancelled flights due to ongoing weather conditions. Their website, by the way, with an "Important Notice" on the front page is http://www.fly2houston.com/.

We fly in on Saturday and am also interested in updated information about getting to the port (although I think it is supposed to rain some every day between now and then!).

Stick to the Interstate Highways and State Highways and you should be fine. Those roads are the hurricane evacuation routes and are designed to be higher than the historical flood elevations.

Oh THANK YOU so much! This will be very helpful!

Just want to say, someone suggested the site drivetexas.org and it is awesome! It shows exactly which roads are flooded, under construction, etc. A great resource as we make our way to the Galveston port through the monsoon!

Just want to say, someone suggested the site drivetexas.org and it is awesome! It shows exactly which roads are flooded, under construction, etc. A great resource as we make our way to the Galveston port through the monsoon!

Thanks for the link. I book marked it for future reference since we will be making the trip 2X later this year/next. From Kansas too! (I see you're from Wichita:))

Thank you for the info about the roads. Was there any damage to the cruise terminal?

To my knowledge, there was no flooding anywhere near the Houston/Bayport Terminal. Most of the flooding was northwest of the terminal area, close to the City of Houston (20 miles away give or take).