How soon in advance to book helicopter

bburns

Need advice. How far in advance should a helicopter tour be booked? Obviously weather is a concern. Does one wait until the day or two before arriving? Or do they all get booked up and you need to book well in advance? If so, how far in advance?

Need advice. How far in advance should a helicopter tour be booked? Obviously weather is a concern. Does one wait until the day or two before arriving? Or do they all get booked up and you need to book well in advance? If so, how far in advance?

Looking for input on this also. Our cruise is not until Jan. 2015 but wondering when we should book blue Hawaii helicopter tour. Any info would be appreciated!

If the tour doesn't need to be paid until on board , then I would book now.

Check the booking requirements. If booking direct then a deposit or full payment is required up front. Helicopter tours a very rarely cancelled due to weather especially in Hawaii.

Weather changes quickly even in a couple hours.

I'd book once you know that is what you want to do.

I would book in advance once you know which company/tour you want to go with. Waiting until that day or a day or two ahead could mean that you are out of luck because the tours are full. Also by booking ahead, you can get the exact time that you want. I don't think I'd book more than 3 months out though.

Blue Hawaiian has a 24 hour cancellation policy ... not sure what the policy is for other companies, but as someone else mentioned above, be sure to know that when booking.

Our heli tour on Kauai was cancelled due to heavy rain. Since we were there on a land trip, we were able to reschedule for a few days later.