London Tube Stations with elevators

There's also a station index that goes with that map - http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/tube-access-guide-index-0108.pdf - which may be useful for some further information about particular stations.

Another useful resource is the interactive Tube map - http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/im/SI-T.html - on which you can click any station name for further information. On the dropdown menu which then appears, click "Station Access". From the next page you should be able to get some very detailed information about access.

A couple of years ago, when my wife had a mental block about escalators, I recall looking all over for London Underground information about lifts. I recall it was extremely difficult to find clear, definitive, information as to which stations have lifts. I think I finally found a site. I wish I could recall the specific site, but I can't. If the sites above don't provide this, keep looking.

I can tell you of two stations which we have used that had lifts, however. These are Gloucester Road and Covent Garden. We have used these for transport on the Piccadilly Line. There are several nice hotels close to Gloucester Road. But if you get on a train where there is a lift, you may want to travel to a station where there is no lift. What do you do then?

Bob

In my own experience when I really needed a lift due to an injury the fact of whether or not they were working was a daily concern.

Be mindful also of 'mind the gap' as sometimes there is a considerable gap between the car and platform. I was saved from a potential disaster by a well dressed gentleman who yelled more than 'mind the gap' as I started to step off at one station.

The last thing I needed was a fall on top of everything else going on.

If you really need the lifts sometimes it is better to either take a bus or a taxi which is what I ended up doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful of Glouchester Rd tube stop. It does have a lift but only for a portion, you still have to use the stairs. It is very close to some hotels, we stayed at the holiday inn right across the street.

My husband uses a mobility scooter and my two teen daughters and I carried his scooter up lots of stairs at this stop.

Archived