st. thomas at night--ideas?

ginka

Our port stop in St. Thomas in Feb. is from 1-9 pm. Not really an ideal time as we like beaches, snorkeling and wandering around shops. We have been to St. Thomas twice, and one of the times did the St. John excursion, the other time we went to Megan's Bay. Since we do not get in until 1 pm, I don't know if we will try going to any beaches this time. Regardless, I am looking for things to do in St. Thomas in the evening. Are shops still open? other suggestions? We are not really bar hoping people, is there other things to do?

What ship? Where will you be docking?

The cruise lines are trying to encourage more passengers to spend time on ship, so are offering itineraries that limit port time. I won't do a cruise with abbreviated port time.

You can do a guided night kayak or snorkel tour that is offered through independent local guides. Let me know if you're interested and I'll post contact info.

Shops at the dock will most likely be open until 8 or so.

MS411---

we are sailing on Carnival Sunshine and I am not sure which one we are docking at. I would love any information you might have (including how to find out which dock!! lol)

thanks!

If you want a beach we'd head for Sapphire Beach for a bit and then stop for drinks and a bite at Island Time or another spot in Red Hook which is a 3 minute taxi from Sapphire. You can then taxi back to Paradise Point which is a good idea, we like that as our last stop to enjoy the vibe and the views. You can then either tram down and walk to the ship or taxi down.

Edited by blue_water

• 2 months later...
Our port stop in St. Thomas in Feb. is from 1-9 pm. Not really an ideal time as we like beaches, snorkeling and wandering around shops. We have been to St. Thomas twice, and one of the times did the St. John excursion, the other time we went to Megan's Bay. Since we do not get in until 1 pm, I don't know if we will try going to any beaches this time. Regardless, I am looking for things to do in St. Thomas in the evening. Are shops still open? other suggestions? We are not really bar hoping people, is there other things to do?

You could go to Sapphire Beach for a couple of hours then do a dinner cruise with New Horizons. They are located there at Sapphire Marina--a few steps away from the beach. We went a couple of years ago and had a wonderful time.