Meals Anchorage

lovetotraveltx

We land in Anchorage at 7:10 PM then take a taxi to Downtown Marriott. If we are hungry and want a bite to eat, is there something good, open late within walking distance.

Also, what is your favorite Sunday lunch spot without a car? Is there a market on Sundays in June?

Thank you!

You'll have plenty of dining options within walking distance of the Marriott. Glacier Brewhouse or Simon & Seaforts would be my top two choices. Actually my top choice is the F Street Station, but their dining area is tiny and get a spot on a Saturday night would be impossible. Humpy's is also nearby and I hear good things about the Fat Ptarmigan.

The Downtown Market on 3rd Ave will be in operation on Sundays in June. If you are looking for a grocery store, your closest would be City Market at 900 West 13th Avenue.

For lunch on Sunday, any of the downtown restaurants will work. There's food booths at the Downtown Market. Or that might be a good time to get into the F Street Station.

The Snow City Cafe is also a popular spot.

and I hear good things about the Fat Ptarmigan.

The Snow City Cafe is also a popular spot.

I agree, plenty of places are open in the evening. I tried the Fat Ptarmigan this year, and it was excellent. Isn't the Snow City Cafe only open for breakfast and lunch?

We land in Anchorage at 7:10 PM then take a taxi to Downtown Marriott. If we are hungry and want a bite to eat, is there something good, open late within walking distance.

Also, what is your favorite Sunday lunch spot without a car? Is there a market on Sundays in June?

Thank you!

Everything is within walking distance downtown. I like to take all my visitors to Humpy's. There are other necktie places close by but Humpy's has good food and good vibes.

http://humpys.com/anc/