Galveston departure in time for 11am flight from Houston?

kath00

Hello,

We are booked on LOTS for mid April and we would like to book our flight out at 11am to return to Los Angeles. Is this reasonable given no major delays (fog) with the ship docking?

We would probably take a taxi or Uber back to HOU from Galveston to make it quick and painless.

Thanks,

Katherine

Leave Galveston by 8-8:30am and you will have no problems on a Sunday morning. Airport Blvd is exit 36 off 45 North. It takes about 10 min to get from the baggage area, down Harborside Drive and on the freeway.

Once on the freeway it's about an hour drive at 60-65 mph. Posted speeds are 65 all the way to Houston.

Edited by BallFour4

• 2 weeks later...
Need to carry your own bags for that time or in a suite, which airport? Hobby is 45 mins drive , International add another 20 or 30 mins. WE had a town car pick us up.

From the cruise terminal to the departing passenger level at Hobby is 46 miles. A 45 min ride would be a miracle and I've lived here 57 years. Not to argue over an additional 15 minutes, but I'd give myself an hour to get to Hobby based on what's going on on 45 North right now.

Edited by BallFour4

From the cruise terminal to the departing passenger level at Hobby is 46 miles. A 45 min ride would be a miracle and I've lived here 57 years. Not to argue over an additional 15 minutes, but I'd give myself an hour to get to Hobby based on what's going on on 45 North right now.

We did do it in approx. 45 min each time, except for one, going 2 years ago there was a accident on the one and only bridge and 45 mins turned into 2 and 1/2 hours, lucky we were going day before.