Jewel Cruise to Alaska

sh2738

I am thinking about doing a cruise with someone that is turning 21, I am 25, and I am leaning towards the Jewel of the Seas cause it leaves out of Seattle. One of us lives in Seattle so this would keep the price down.

Also, I know that the princess cruise line is an older crowd and think RC would be a better fit. We have been on several RC cruises before and always enjoyed it.

Has anyone been in the Jewel Alaska cruise out of Seattle? I am curious of people enjoyed the ship and the stops that it made. I know that the Seattle route ship goes to different places, not as great as the Glacier Bay or Hubbard Glacier that some of the Princess ones go on.

Anyone been on this that can give their opinion on it? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am thinking about doing a cruise with someone that is turning 21, I am 25, and I am leaning towards the Jewel of the Seas cause it leaves out of Seattle. One of us lives in Seattle so this would keep the price down.

Also, I know that the princess cruise line is an older crowd and think RC would be a better fit. We have been on several RC cruises before and always enjoyed it.

Has anyone been in the Jewel Alaska cruise out of Seattle? I am curious of people enjoyed the ship and the stops that it made. I know that the Seattle route ship goes to different places, not as great as the Glacier Bay or Hubbard Glacier that some of the Princess ones go on.

Anyone been on this that can give their opinion on it? Thanks.

I've done this route twice on Rhapsody, and the Jewel would be a so much better experience: better gym/spa, awesome Solarium, way better nightclub up in Viking Crown, better theatre, the rear open aft seating area from the Windjammer buffet and for viewing the sites, and of course the open helipad up front when you're at Sawyer Glacier. I think you'll have a great time. :D

I haven't heard of Sawyer Glacier. What port stop is that at? Or is that something you see along the way ?

The Glacier is at the end of Tracey Arm Fjord

Entering Tracey Arm early morning on Rhapsody. On Jewel you would be able to stand at the front of the ship on the bow below!!

DSC03459_zpsf91c5816.jpg

And here's Sawyer Glacier. The ship will spin around for 2-3 hours so you can view the glacier up close.

P1080937_zps6dac1a9d.jpg

And here's the reflection of the clouds/sky on the smooth-as-glass water leaving Tracey Arm Fjord.

DSC03603_zps5f01ede1.jpg

You'll get to see all of this!!! Then have a great dinner with a bunch of new cruise friends, go see an awesome show, maybe hottub a bit in the starlight, and then hit the nightclub. You're going to have an awesome vacay :D

• 3 months later...
These photos are wonderful! Thanks for sharing. We leave for Alaska on the Jewel in only 12 days! Your pictures have me even more excited!

Hi niklynn1,

Our Family and friends will be on the Jewel for this itinerary on the July 10th Sailing. We are having a Cruise planning party on Friday night. Was wondering if you could post some conents that may be Jewel Specific for this cruise when you return as I belive this is the firts time the jewel has done this itinerary.

Also for anyone who might know...

Since she is moving from a Carabbean itinerary to an Alaska itinerary, was wondering what type of changes if any they would do for Alaska? Are there Alaska theamed Drinks of the day? Is the food selections different due to supplies now being taken on board in the North West vs Sout East?

Any special Alaska Touches that they do?

Thank you in Advance

Hi niklynn1,

Our Family and friends will be on the Jewel for this itinerary on the July 10th Sailing. We are having a Cruise planning party on Friday night. Was wondering if you could post some conents that may be Jewel Specific for this cruise when you return as I belive this is the firts time the jewel has done this itinerary.

Since she is moving from a Carabbean itinerary to an Alaska itinerary, was wondering what type of changes if any they would do for Alaska? Are there Alaska theamed Drinks of the day? Is the food selections different due to supplies now being taken on board in the North West vs Sout East?

Thank you in Advance

Also interested to hear as we are also on the July 10 sailing in Alaska. Can't wait!

Hi niklynn1,

Thank you in Advance

I'll do my best upon our return to provide you with some feedback. :)