Disney Dream before GD's

Surfguyxxx

Leaving on 05/27/2016 for our first Disney Cruise. We are actually booked for a week of Disney the following week and decided last night to book a cruise before our GD week long Disney Vacation. It's only a 3 nighter but am very excited.

2 adults will be going. Should we do a specialty restaurant? Is the serenity area on Castaway Cay worth the trek? Last minute tips are appreciated. We are in a forward cabin on deck 9.

Serenity Bay is worth the trip!!! It's the reason we do B2Bs on the Dream vs the Fantasy for a week. Since it's your first DCL cruise, each of the 3 main dinning rooms should not be missed. I would save Palo or Remy for the next one. Which.....put a deposit on your next cruise while on board to get 10% off and OBC. If you are Disney fans, don't miss the shows!!! Buy a one day pass to the Rain Forest room to use on Nassau day....vs getting off the ship. Buy it from the website prior to cruise.

Edited by dpcmh

Serenity Bay is worth the trip!!! It's the reason we do B2Bs on the Dream vs the Fantasy for a week. Since it's your first DCL cruise, each of the 3 main dinning rooms should not be missed. I would save Palo or Remy for the next one. Which.....put a deposit on your next cruise while on board to get 10% off and OBC. If you are Disney fans, don't miss the shows!!! Buy a one day pass to the Rain Forest room to use on Nassau day....vs getting off the ship. Buy it from the website prior to cruise.

Excellent tip; thank you.

I don't see any info on the "rain forest room"?????

I don't see any info on the "rain forest room"?????

On the DCL website, there is a place to order cruise merchandise and etc to enhance your cruise. A day pass is one of the options. You can also call DCL and they will know what your are talking about. Also, you can buy a length of cruise pass once on board, but on a 3 night it may not be as useful. I find the rain forest room to be busier on a 3 night vs a 4. We will never buy a 3 day pass again. Will just buy a 1 day pass prior to leaving.

• 3 weeks later...
On the DCL website, there is a place to order cruise merchandise and etc to enhance your cruise. A day pass is one of the options. You can also call DCL and they will know what your are talking about. Also, you can buy a length of cruise pass once on board, but on a 3 night it may not be as useful. I find the rain forest room to be busier on a 3 night vs a 4. We will never buy a 3 day pass again. Will just buy a 1 day pass prior to leaving.

Advice noted. I guess there are a lot of folks staying on-board on Nassau day. Oh well, so I'll take your advice and do the Rain Forest then. Sounds like it's right up my alley. Maybe this somewhat slow day will allow me to try out the water slides on the Aqua Duck. I'm such a child and a noted Disnerd too !!!!:D

• 2 months later...
We're headed on DD on Aug 26 for 3 nights. Experienced cruisers and huge Disney fans but our first try on DCL. We're very excited.

What is Serenity Bay?

Serenity Bay is an adults only area on the island. Lounge chairs for chilling out, cocktail service if you'd like without pushy waiters. Nice water for wading in to cool off; very nice and quiet. BTW, they eye candy of some of the staff was absolutely worth the trip :D:D:D

Please report back on your cruise!!!! I don't see a lot of DCL postings here..... we are huge Disney fans too....

Great time. The staff was excellent, rotational dining very clever with good food too. I like specialty restaurants but decided to try each dining venue and was pleasantly surprised. We found a nice bar on one of the top decks with great martini's before dinner. I can't recall the name off hand but it is next to the specialty restaurants; Meridia or something like that. Lot's of kids but they were mostly very well behaved. Would I do it again????? For the price I paid for a 3 night cruise is a simple balcony, I could have done a week on Royal Caribbean. Probably not but who knows what the future holds.

Great time. The staff was excellent, rotational dining very clever with good food too. I like specialty restaurants but decided to try each dining venue and was pleasantly surprised. We found a nice bar on one of the top decks with great martini's before dinner. I can't recall the name off hand but it is next to the specialty restaurants; Meridia or something like that. Lot's of kids but they were mostly very well behaved. Would I do it again????? For the price I paid for a 3 night cruise is a simple balcony, I could have done a week on Royal Caribbean. Probably not but who knows what the future holds.

Thanks for the report!!! Glad you enjoyed it!!! About 30 days till we are on the Dream again. Tried the Allure this past spring and loved it!!!! DCL has arrived at a cost vs experience = time to look elsewhere, so I understand.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the report!!! Glad you enjoyed it!!! About 30 days till we are on the Dream again. Tried the Allure this past spring and loved it!!!! DCL has arrived at a cost vs experience = time to look elsewhere, so I understand.

Just curious if you're going on the cruise with family, partner or friends? Again, Disney was a great time with fantastic customer service but the $$$ seemed to be a bit rich for my blood. Almost $2400 for a 3 night cruise :eek:

We would be on a weeklong cruise on Holland America for what we're paying for our 3 nights. I'm hoping that this experience will just blow us away so much that we'll completely forget what we paid.

So true; just drink more martini's and you won't feel a thing :D

Just curious if you're going on the cruise with family, partner or friends? Again, Disney was a great time with fantastic customer service but the $$$ seemed to be a bit rich for my blood. Almost $2400 for a 3 night cruise :eek:

I get what you are saying....My partner and I cruise..... We got a great price on our first DCL cruise several years ago....the first 5 night Wonder cruises from Miami......they were much lower than the Dreams 4 night sailings at the time.....those 5 night prices jumped a lot the following year. We booked a future cruise onboard, so a little savings there. Fares are lowest with DCL when they first come out, so we book early. We also cruise off season, and the price is significantly lower than what you noted....like half that and for a 4 night. With that said, I'm stunned by DCL price jumps....we have already jumped ship....tried the Allure and loved it. Harmony is next.... next month may be our last DCL cruise for a while.

Edited by dpcmh