Dream

Off on the Dream for a week tomorrow. All packed and ready to go, but feelings are different this year. Normally I am all excited and impatient to get going but we have a 7 month old Cockapoo pup now and I hate the thought of leaving him. My husband thinks I am mad (probably right) and am turning into one of those mad dog women. I know he will be fine, my girls are still at home and love him to bits. They have been told to send me lots of photos while I am away. How sad am I?

Thanks, will report when we get back. Last few reviews have all been great so fingers crossed it continues. We have never had any complaints on our Thomson cruises, sometimes feel you can never please some people.

I know just how you feel,we have a eight month old cocker spaniel and we are going on the Dream in Nov,I have got two pet sitters in mind that will take my dog and look after him,but i will be terrible when the time comes,my hubby is worse than me and because we are both retired ,there is always one of us at home,Other people say to me its a dog you still have to have a life and i agree but i will be just like you and fret,try and enjoy and let me know how it goes on the Dream, Happy holidays

Thanks, will report when we get back. Last few reviews have all been great so fingers crossed it continues. We have never had any complaints on our Thomson cruises, sometimes feel you can never please some people.

Yes I really hope so too. :) We have never had cause to complain about any of the previous 24 trips with Thomson and beleive me we wouldn't have stuck with them unless we were very happy with the service, food, entertainment, ambience etc.

Our last trip was disappointing though - and don't think it was a case of 'not being able to please us' after all they had done for long enough (I think we'd clocked up almost 50 weeks on board over the years). It was simply a drop in food standards in the mdr in particular that we felt was unacceptable (at least to us and in comparison with the past). It may not have bothered others.

Other aspects of the cruise were great and despite my criticism we did have a wonderful time. I did report my reservations on the forum in common with others and I think it a little unfair though to look at negative comments as the product of complainers or people who are difficult to please. It was an honest comparison and meant as information for others who could take it or leave it.

I have been heartened by the reports on the Louis run ships that food standards are being maintained and also by the recent improved reviews of Dream. I will be delighted to hear all is well on your return as I still want to cruise with them - so please let us know.

And have a wonderful time yourself. ;)

Edited by kruzseeka

Off on the Dream for a week tomorrow. All packed and ready to go, but feelings are different this year. Normally I am all excited and impatient to get going but we have a 7 month old Cockapoo pup now and I hate the thought of leaving him. My husband thinks I am mad (probably right) and am turning into one of those mad dog women. I know he will be fine, my girls are still at home and love him to bits. They have been told to send me lots of photos while I am away. How sad am I?

We are also heading out on the Dream tomorrow, although I have not started packing yet and am leaving the house in 11 hours!

We also have pets at home, being looked after by our adult children. The bottom fell out of my son's world when I told him that the dog needed to be let out at 5am every day.