Hotel with parking in NOLA

Rockjock64

Going in june and looking for imput on stay and cruise.

Had seen a post about a holiday inn that had parking and shuttle if you stayed pre cruise.

Anybody have info on this? And thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Going in june and looking for imput on stay and cruise.

Had seen a post about a holiday inn that had parking and shuttle if you stayed pre cruise.

Anybody have info on this? And thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

With the cost of daily parking being what it is in downtown hotels ($25 - $35 per night), I am surprised any NOLA hotel would offer this.

Not sure about the holiday inn, but we stated at the Drury Inn, we truly enjoyed it. Nice motel, free hotel parking and shuttle to the port (at least it was when we went). Nice clean hotel, pool on the roof, and great customer service. They also included after new snack, alcohol beverages for the adults (2 free drinks), hot and cold appetizers. And later popcor & pop. First time ive ever stayed at a drury inn, and have since stayed at others. If i ever cruise out of NOLA again, i wouldnt stay anywhere else.

Good luck on ur search.

I have been looking at this list. Most of them charge a "discounted" daily rate for parking while you cruise. It is not free. Some of them don't even offer a parking option, just a discount off the room rate. Some of them don't have a shuttle and others only a one-way shuttle.

So far, I see the only ones on that list that offer complimentary parking while you cruise are the Comfort Suites Harvey (no return shuttle), Country Inn and Suites Carlson (no return shuttle), Courtyard New Orleans West Bank (no return shuttle), Holiday Inn Downtown (no shuttle), Wyndham New Orleans French Quarter (no shuttle and I was quoted a package rate of $197 for our December cruise. You may as well book a cheaper hotel and park at the port). The Maison Dupuy and Wyndham Garden Baronne (neither offers a shuttle) appear to have the cheapest daily parking rate at $10/day.

When you compare the cost and convenience of just parking at the port and booking a cheaper hotel, or just booking the hotel you want and choosing an offsite parking garage like Fulton (quoted $61 for covered parking for our 5 night cruise) that will take you to the port and back to your car, those appear to be the better options to me. I personally don't want the extra hassle of coordinating how to get back to my car when the cruise is over.

http://www.neworleanscvb.com/travel-professionals/cruises/cruise-parking/

Edited by saharaga