Please help plan my day...

mimxmom

We will be in St. Maarten in April from 8am to 6pm. We would like to do some shopping, spend some time at Orient Beach and Maho Beach. Please help me determine an order and time frame for doing all of this.....TIA!!! Also, how much should I expect for taxi costs for 5 people?

We will be in St. Maarten in April from 8am to 6pm. We would like to do some shopping, spend some time at Orient Beach and Maho Beach. Please help me determine an order and time frame for doing all of this.....TIA!!! Also, how much should I expect for taxi costs for 5 people?

Check into Viator's "Half Day Beach Tour". They will pick you up at the pier, take you to Orient Beach for 2 hours then to Maho Beach for 2-hours. Afterwards, they will drop you off in downtown Phillipsburg for shopping or take you back to the pier. I believe the costs were $39 per person. We did this tour back on Jan 22nd and loved it! Our tour guide, Eddie, drove a very comfortable air-conditioned 30-passenger bus. He even provided FREE beer, water or rum punch during the entire tour! I highly recommend this tour as it takes you to both beaches, to some shopping areas and gives you an excellent tour of the island. I booked with them prior to leaving home for our cruise. Have fun!

:cool:Bill

If you want to squeeze all that in...get in on a tour. You will save money doing it that route. We did Orient Beach (got bored rather quickly as I didnt care to see 80 year old nude people walking around) so we went to Maho and hung out there for about 2 hours...had a drink and watched the jets come in. Went to the boardwalk and did a little shopping before heading back to the ship.

If you want to squeeze all that in...get in on a tour. You will save money doing it that route. We did Orient Beach (got bored rather quickly as I didnt care to see 80 year old nude people walking around) so we went to Maho and hung out there for about 2 hours...had a drink and watched the jets come in. Went to the boardwalk and did a little shopping before heading back to the ship.

The OP is travelling with 5 people. Is there a tour that would cost $25 pp? Taxis for this route would be about that price. We rented a car for $90 plus gas but if I could get. Tour for $125 for our family of 5 I would consider it. Thanks for any info you can provide.

The OP is travelling with 5 people. Is there a tour that would cost $25 pp? Taxis for this route would be about that price. We rented a car for $90 plus gas but if I could get. Tour for $125 for our family of 5 I would consider it. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Where did you rent your car from? Is there a rental place near the port? That may be our best option so we aren't tied into "tour" times.