best pre cruise hotel in Ft Lauderdale

outbacker

What time of year?

Getting the shuttle and $100/night is difficult in fall... and just about impossible after Jan. 1st.

BTW, lots of threads already deal with various hotels - check out the search function or just browse through the various pages.

The date is January 7th. Ive been looking online but you could really spend all day surfing different travel sites. I was just hoping to hear from someone who has stayed in Lauderdale pre-cruise and can steer me in the right direction

thanks

Planning my pre-cruise at the beginning of January. From info I've gleaned:

-La Quinta Fort Lauderdale Airport

-Anything on 17th Street

-Don't restrict yourself to hotels with free shuttle - taxis plentiful, and shuttles are sometimes more trouble than they're worth

We have stayed at the Sleep Inn - Dania twice pre-cruise. They offer free shuttle from the airport and to the port. They also offer a free breakfast. Next door there is a Walgreens and across the street a grocery store and a couple of restaurants. It is running about $129 according to their web site. Hope this is helpfu. Good luck!!

We are planning a cruise in March and I want to buy some liquor the night before the cruise. Does Florida have any laws restricting the sales? This might seem strange, but in Texas they are pretty strict. Thanks--

Also - is there a liquor store close to the Sleep Inn??

Looking for a one night pre cruise hotel that offers airport/cruisport transfers to guests in the hundred dollar range.:)

We just booked a one night pre-cruise stay at the Spring Hill Suites by Marriott. Free parking up to 14 days, and free shuttle to the port or hotel. Hot breakfast is free as well. Rates, with tax, for us came to $120. Hotel staff has been very pleasant to deal with on the phone.

SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport 151 Southwest 18th Court,

Dania Beach, Florida 33004 USA Phone: 1-954-920-9696 Fax: 1-954-929-3577

Enjoy!

We cruised from there this past February. Prices are higher that time of year, but we ended up staying at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper. Decent price, located right on the beach, it was great, since we were there the day before, gave us something to do. There are tons of taxis, etc., so transportation really isn't a big deal. Good luck to you!

lovetexas - I am not sure what the laws are down in Florida. We have never had any trouble buying liquor there. There is a liquor store about two miles away, we always do a cab ride there, run in and have the cab brings us right back to the hotel. :)

Looking for a one night pre cruise hotel that offers airport/cruisport transfers to guests in the hundred dollar range.:)

I'm repeating what some other's have said, but check out LaQuinta, Hollywood, FL, and Hampton Inn, Plantation, FL. Since you'll be there in January anywhere you book is going to be much more expensive than "off season".

Just booked the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale downtown for $110.00 a night plus taxes thru Priceline bid feature. It is a four star hotel in the downtown area. Our reservation is for 1-16-09. I do not know if they offer port transportation but it is right next to the port. I have never stayed there but this hotel gets good reviews from anyone and for $110 for a 4-star, I think is pretty good deal.

Big Al

We just booked a one night pre-cruise stay at the Spring Hill Suites by Marriott. Free parking up to 14 days, and free shuttle to the port or hotel. Hot breakfast is free as well. Rates, with tax, for us came to $120. Hotel staff has been very pleasant to deal with on the phone.

SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport 151 Southwest 18th Court,

Dania Beach, Florida 33004 USA Phone: 1-954-920-9696 Fax: 1-954-929-3577

Enjoy!

We booked the Spring Hill Suites as well. Sailing on the 12/17 Noordam holiday cruise.

We always stay at the Hampton Inn on state road 84. It is on the same road that leads to the port.They pickup at the airport and drive you to the cruise port. They will even drive you to a restaurant at no extra charge.(tip is appreciated.)

I am getting ready to book my hotel for Ft Lauderdale in April 09. I am a priceline crazy person. I have yet to have a bad experience. I alway book a 3 or 4 star and I start at 50.00. I only go up in increments of 10.00 if I get declined. I have always ended up in a great hotel, hilton, marriott for about half of the published fare.

I have stayed at peak times and got great prices. Just an option for you?

Good luck.

kathy

Kathy,

Thanks for the info. I've done that before, too, and also had good results. I just decided that I wanted to stay at this particular property because of the proximity to the port and the marina.

I'm actually trying priceline now for a car. I can't do much good otherwise.

We stayed at the Extended Stay America - under a $100. We did pay for the shuttle to the port. Hotel, shuttle, tips, etc about $120. It is right on 17th Street Causeway. Close to restaurants, liquor stores, port, beach, grocery...just about everything!

Archived