best pre cruise hotel in Ft Lauderdale

outbacker

HI,

We booked the Marriot Courtyard! They offer free shuttle from airport and to port and are very reasonable (109.00). We are staying there on the 15th of november to leave on the Island Pincess thru the panama canal to L.A.

Please advise what excursions to take in Guatemala and Nicaragua IF any?? thanks...MLS

We just booked a one night pre-cruise stay at the Spring Hill Suites by Marriott. Free parking up to 14 days, and free shuttle to the port or hotel. Hot breakfast is free as well. Rates, with tax, for us came to $120. Hotel staff has been very pleasant to deal with on the phone.

SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport 151 Southwest 18th Court,

Dania Beach, Florida 33004 USA Phone: 1-954-920-9696 Fax: 1-954-929-3577

Enjoy!

Spring Break they want $265 !!

Spring Break they want $265 !!

Do you have any Marriott Rewards points? One night at this hotel is 20,000 points. Depending on your situation, another option is to open a Marriott Rewards Visa. Current promotion gives you a 1 night stay certificate for a category 1-4 - this hotel is a category 4. Then 6-8 weeks after first purchase you'll receive 20,000 additional points. Annual fee on the card is $65 so if you open the card and charge one item then close the account after the bonus points have posted, you'll in essence have 2 nights at this hotel for $65. I know that this does not work for many many people, but for those that know they have the financial restraint to use the card properly, its an option. This is what I am doing and staying at this hotel 2 weeks from now for one night prior to our Thanksgiving cruise.

Good Luck!

A lot of people are able to get the Renaissance Downtown for $75-100 on priceline. I don't know if you can get that price January though. January is a tough time to get hotels in FLL. But it is worth trying on priceline. You have nothing to lose.

The Renaissance is a 4* hotel, so you can't go wrong if you get it for a good price. Many people pay $200+ to stay there. You can't get closer to the port, and it is right next to the water taxi, which you can ride to the many restaurants and shops in downtown FLL.

PS. I see that somebody got a date in January for $110. That's a great deal in January for a Great hotel. See this post:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=16879918&postcount=1404

sorry for asking but we're new at a pre cruise hotel.

When they ( a Fort lauderdale hote) say 'free shuttle' to the cruise port, do they mean the port at FL or Port of Miami?

thanks

Penny

A free shuttle from a Ft. Lauderdale hotel would be to the Ft. Lauderdale port (Port Everglades). As far as I know, no hotel in Ft. Lauderdale has shuttles to the Port of Miami and no hotel in Miami has shuttles to Port Everglades.

We prefer to stay in the city from which we're sailing. I've seen lots of people say they've saved $$ by flying into the other city, but we've never seen much of a savings (especially by the time you pay for a taxi or shuttle). It must depend on the airport :confused: (we go through DFW).

I just stayed at the Hyatt Place a week ago and I thought it was really nice. I got it on Hotwire for $75 or so including fees. It used to be the Amerisuites and was remodeled a year or so ago. It was nice and clean. Free airport and cruiseport shuttles. Big screen TV, comfy big couch and comfortable beds. Refrigerator, no microwave. They have some food in the lobby. There's an Outback Steakhouse down the block. If you go out the side door and cross a parking lot, there's a mall with a grocery store, restaurants and more. I will likely try to stay there again. It's a good deal even if you paid more.

sorry for asking but we're new at a pre cruise hotel.

When they ( a Fort lauderdale hote) say 'free shuttle' to the cruise port, do they mean the port at FL or Port of Miami?

thanks

Penny

The only FLL hotel I found that has a shuttle to POM is the Hampton on Stirling Rd. Just check the appropiate box on the rate sheet. They have shuttles to Port Everglades & POM. It's a little pricey if you have more than 4 people, it's $10 extra pp. Doesn't work for group of 7 with the extra $. Cheaper to get hotel and rental mini-van.

Liquor question

You can only buy hard liquor in a Liquor store. We found beer and wine in the grocery store across the street from the Sleep Inn but not available in the Walgreens. Coming from California where you can buy alcohol in a gas station it was an eye opener:)

I just booked the Ramada Hollywood beach just outside of Ft Lauderdale for 94 a night. the transfer to Mami the next morning is 15. I was at the Ramada airport but even if I have to pay for a ride to the beach one I still am saving 80 a night.

• 10 months later...
We have stayed at the Sleep Inn - Dania twice pre-cruise. They offer free shuttle from the airport and to the port. They also offer a free breakfast. Next door there is a Walgreens and across the street a grocery store and a couple of restaurants. It is running about $129 according to their web site. Hope this is helpfu. Good luck!!

How did you like the sleep inn? I just booked there for november pre cruise with shuttle service and parking for $99.00.

how did you feel about the neighborhood? parking lot security? etc

thanks

tina

Archived