Charms by Port

Calker

I have this bracelet all but completed because many times you can get extra charms from the personal shopper on the ship or in the stores (DI) at the ports. I know it isn't the finest piece of jewelry, but it's FUN and I'm gonna wear it on this upcoming cruise just because I can. :)

However, to answer your question somewhat, when you go the shopping talk on the ship, they will give you a charm (you might have to go after the talk--just depends) to their desk. Attached to the charm is a post card that has all the ports and the charms associated with each port.

I don't have the post card anymore, and I'm 1,000 miles from home, so I cannot list them, but you can get it on the ship.

Hope that helps even a little...

I got my charm bracelet & love it. It's not "high" quality but I love charm bracelets & have a collection of them. You can pay a small amount & they will give you charms for most of the ports. I think I got 14 charms total with the bracelet. Have fun collecting them!

• 2 weeks later...

I got those on my first cruise (in addition to my Sterling ones for my real bracelet) but did not bother after that. I just get the sterling ones now. (I had a hard time finding one (that I liked) in Nassau - until I went into the pier shop. Knowing that would have saved a lot of unnecessary walking/waiting - but we did get an AWESOME shot of liquor in a shop where my husband made his purchase.)

i would like to know more about this bracelet. i haven't heard of this before. it sounds neat.

It's really easy and fun to collect the charms. As mentioned before, just go to the shopping talk onboard and they will hand out a postcard size form that you fill out and turn into the first Diamonds International that you hit in which ever port that may be (you should also be able to pick up this postcard at the Shopping Desk onboard). Once you obtain the bracelet from the first DI that you stop at ,(which will have a DI charm on it), you will receive a "punchcard" with the other locations of DI. Just take that punchcard to each DI that is on your ports of call and they will hand you a charm to add to your bracelet. It's a lot of fun, and, free. It also brings back memories of each time you obtained one.

I remember in Cabo, we were on a full day excursion on our first trip there, and I made DH run through the pouring rain to DI to get the charm with me. We made it back to catch the very last tender back to the ship. He was not so happy with me at that moment, but, now, everytime I pull out the bracelet, we have a good laugh at the memory.

Happy cruising!

I got those on my first cruise (in addition to my Sterling ones for my real bracelet) but did not bother after that. I just get the sterling ones now. (I had a hard time finding one (that I liked) in Nassau - until I went into the pier shop. Knowing that would have saved a lot of unnecessary walking/waiting - but we did get an AWESOME shot of liquor in a shop where my husband made his purchase.)

I also have a hard time finding sterling charms on vacation. Any hints for finding places that sell them in the Caribbean ports?

• 2 months later...
I too would like to know more. I have 3 sterling charm bracelets loaded, but a gold toned one, even if cheap costume jewelry, would be a nice addition.

It is more about memories for me, the quest,I wanted to get a starter bracelet online for a first time cruiser and found that online the same bracelet comes in silver and silver charms. So if one prefers silver try online.

I wonder if ports offer silver charms or if they are "higher quality" gold/silver than free ones.

I would purchase that if they did it in silver - gold tarnishes on me too quickly :(

Silver version available on Diamonds International website. Looking at it for a Christmas gift.

I wonder if ports offer silver charms or if they are "higher quality" gold/silver than free ones, and free gold ones are "cheaper".

• 2 months later...
Silver version available on Diamonds International website. Looking at it for a Christmas gift.

I wonder if ports offer silver charms or if they are "higher quality" gold/silver than free ones, and free gold ones are "cheaper".

Did you purchase the silver? I saw that and thought it was pretty. Wondering if you liked it?

And they look like they came out of a Cracker Jack box......not worth the effort IMO:rolleyes:

yep, don't waste your time...cheap brass. I gave mine to my granddaughter to play with.

I bought a sterling silver bracelet before I left on my second cruise and added charms from each port. I carry it to my jeweler when I get home to have them put the charmon so they are permanent.

Did you purchase the silver? I saw that and thought it was pretty. Wondering if you liked it?

Cheryl- I didn't get around to it at Christmas, so since we are sailing next month will see if they have one in silver in person.

I will post if they have and quality level. It is to me more about the charms of places I've been and can't recreate them all again.

The charms that you get in the ports aren't that bad. But if you want a nicer bracelet to put them on, google "diamonds internation free jewelry". One of the options they give you is for a nice charm bracelet. :)

PLEASE, when you get those free charms, do not be suckered into buying anything at there stores unless you do not care if it is not what they said it was. We bought what was supposed to be a 2.1 stone and it turned out less than 1.5 and I am still fighting via my credit card company to get my money back.

PLEASE, when you get those free charms, do not be suckered into buying anything at there stores unless you do not care if it is not what they said it was. We bought what was supposed to be a 2.1 stone and it turned out less than 1.5 and I am still fighting via my credit card company to get my money back.

Appreciate that--we all help each other out.

yep, don't waste your time...cheap brass. I gave mine to my granddaughter to play with.

I bought a sterling silver bracelet before I left on my second cruise and added charms from each port. I carry it to my jeweler when I get home to have them put the charmon so they are permanent.

I like the idea of buying a charm bracelet at home and adding charms from each port. Do you have any specific jeweler recommendations that sell nice charms to add to your own bracelet (I can't imagine that you bought your charms from Diamonds International or any of their sister stores)? And the charms that you bought from the jewelers in each port, were they similar (not in make and quality) to the ones you get for free (but more like design) - like the dolphins, palm tree, sand bucket, beach chair, sand dollar, sunglasses, etc?

Archived