OLL and getting rental returned on time?

lovebears

Our Carnival cruise itinerary was changed for Sept. We had been going to be in Mauii overnight. Now we are in port one day 8 am to 11 pm. My question is OLL is over around 8:45 pm......given that ending time would we have enough time to return the rental car and be on the ship? I don't want to stress about missing the ship and not enjoy the luau! But I really want to go to OLL....first time to Hawaii . Thanks so much! Oh we port in Kahului.

Our Carnival cruise itinerary was changed for Sept. We had been going to be in Mauii overnight. Now we are in port one day 8 am to 11 pm. My question is OLL is over around 8:45 pm......given that ending time would we have enough time to return the rental car and be on the ship? I don't want to stress about missing the ship and not enjoy the luau! But I really want to go to OLL....first time to Hawaii . Thanks so much! Oh we port in Kahului.

It depends on where "OLL" is - I'm assuming that's a luau somewhere? The ride from the rental cars at the airport back to Kahului dock is not more than about 5 or 10 minutes. Assuming your chosen rental car agency is open late enough, then it becomes a question of how far away (and how long a drive) the "OLL" is.

A little more information would help.

Edited by VideoTech

Old Lahaina Luau....

I think you are cutting to way too close. All aboard will be at least 30 minutes prior...40 minute drive, returning car and getting back to the ship...You would have to leave no later than 9:30, maybe even a little earlier.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I think you'll have enough time, but I would consider leaving the luau about 10 to 15 minutes early. There's free parking in the lot across the street ... if you can get out ahead of the crowd, it should save a bit of time.