New format river cruise reviews

harbourside

Has the format of the Cruise Critic River Cruise reviews changed.

Previously when I accessed it by River Cruise Company (eg Avalon) it brought up all the reviews in date order. Now in brings it up by ship(eg Avalon Creativity). I have to go through each ship to see if there are any new reviews. This would be alright if you were only looking for reviews for a particular ship, but if you are just looking for new reviews over all ships it can be quite a nuisiance. Is there a way of getting the reviews by date .

Edited by harbourside

Has the format of the Cruise Critic River Cruise reviews changed.

Previously when I accessed it by River Cruise Company (eg Avalon) it brought up all the reviews in date order. Now in brings it up by ship(eg Avalon Creativity). I have to go through each ship to see if there are any new reviews. This would be alright if you were only looking for reviews for a particular ship, but if you are just looking for new reviews over all ships it can be quite a nuisiance. Is there a way of getting the reviews by date .

Good question and would really be interested in an answer to this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry -- I'm in Spain walking the Camino de Santiago, so my opportunity to manage this forum is somewhat restricted for the next two weeks.

I will look into this when I return to the US later this month.

Buen Camino!

Sorry -- I'm in Spain walking the Camino de Santiago, so my opportunity to manage this forum is somewhat restricted for the next two weeks.

Buen Camino!

You're on vacation? You're not allowed to take a vacation!! :D

Seriously, enjoy wonderful Spain and have some arroz con pollo for me!!!

Buen Camino!

Wow, I have a friend that's walking the Camino de Santiago right now also! Yesterday she was in Vilarinho Portugal. Her name is Lil, from Sacramento CA if you happen to run into her!

• 3 weeks later...

OK, back to work. Checked out the main review page:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/?src=nav

There's a section on the left "Cruise Reviews" with two drop-down menus, "Search by Cruise Line" and "Search by Ship." Under ...Cruise Line you will find Avalon. Then don't pull down a ship, just click on the "Search" button. You will get all the reviews for all Avalon ships.

The format has changed. It now brings up all the reviews listed under ships names. This is fine it you are checking a particular ship, but before when I went into Avalon, the latest review came up regardless of what ship it was on. (It was not by ship, but date order). I now no longer now if there are any new reviews.

The format has changed. It now brings up all the reviews listed under ships names. This is fine it you are checking a particular ship, but before when I went into Avalon, the latest review came up regardless of what ship it was on. (It was not by ship, but date order). I now no longer now if there are any new reviews.

I see what you mean now. Yes, it has changed. Don't know why. For ocean cruises it makes sense, since Regal Princess and Pacific Princess are like two different universes. But for river cruising most people choose based on company or itinerary first, with the actual ship way down the list.

I'm with harbourside on this matter. I'm about to do a review on our last river cruise with Tauck in Southern France and for the first time I'm getting lost in the review section. Looks to me like once again the river cruise section is the forgotten part of this board.

I'm with harbourside on this matter. I'm about to do a review on our last river cruise with Tauck in Southern France and for the first time I'm getting lost in the review section. Looks to me like once again the river cruise section is the forgotten part of this board.

Thanks. I was beginning to think I was the only one that noticed this. I regularly used to go in to most of the River Cruise lines to read the latest reviews. Now, I have no idea which are new.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys -- I figured this out! You can still get all the reviews for an entire River Cruise line in one sequence, but you have to follow this chain:

• Cruise Critic home page

• [Reviews drop-down menu to:] River Cruise Reviews

• [Cruise Line drop-down menu to, e.g.:] Avalon Waterways

Voila! You will see the Cruise Critic summary for this line, followed by a chronological list of all reviews for that line.

• 2 months later...

Hi JazzBeau,

I have been using your suggestion for getting all the reviews in date sequence and it has been working until today. It has now changed to reviews by ship name. I find this frustrating as I like to check to see if there are new reviews by the ship company (eg. Avalon), and not have to go into each ship separately (eg. Creativity).

Strange. It is not working for me, and I have been using it almost daily.

A quick way I found to access the reviews in date order was to click "write a review" at the top of this page. It worked until today.

Edited by harbourside