Cozumel excursion

dmc6469

Has anyone done the excursion Tulum Mayan Ruins And Fifth Avenue Experience in Cozumel? I've looked it up and it looks great but I've read some things such as; they don't want you taking pictures, if you take pictures or video someone walks over demanding money, etc. Just seeing what your experience has been and if there's time to walk to the beach while we are there for this excursion? With only 1 stop in Mexico I want to do something that I've never done so thought this would be fun (even though I'd love to swim with dolphins again but already have done that) ;)

We really loved Tulum. If you like history and seeing ancient cultures, it's really neat. We took a bunch of pictures in Tulum.... I didn't have any problems. Go with the ship tour and everything will be fine.

Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did Tulum a couple of years ago. It is awesome.

We did take pictures. Our camera had a movie setting on it and the guide said that was OK but video cameras need a special permit.

Enjoy it! The view over the beach is stunning. We didn't have enough time to explore it, but there were a lot of people swimming the day we were there.

It's a long drive, so I would encourage you to take a ship excursion.

We didn't do that specific one, but we did the Tulum + Beach Break a couple of years ago and loved it! Tulum is an awesome place. With the exception of the parking lot / shopping area there aren't any people asking for things. They don't allow vendors, pan handlers, etc near the actual ruins park area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just be aware that any of the Tulum excursions will be a very long day. There will be a 40-minute ferry ride to the mainland, then a bus trip to the ruins. You will have to walk into the park/ruins area. And the same bus/ferry going back. Usually the ferry crossing is rather rough, so you might want to consider medication for motion sickness.

The ruins are impressive, and since we didn't expect to ever visit the area on a land vacation, this was our chance to see them. It was worth it, but I wouldn't do it a second time as a cruise port excursion.

We didn't have much free time after the guided tour portion at the ruins (maybe 20 minutes), so it's hard to say whether there will be time on your particular excursion to get down to the beach. We were not able to.