Suggestions needed for St. Kitts?

We just went to St. Kitts last week and went to Friars Bay Beach. Taxi was $4 per person from the pier. Two chairs and an umbrella was $30.00. They have a bathroom there and changing room. There is also food and beverages, but we did not order anything. I heard it was expensive. If you just want to throw your beach towel down on the sand, that seems acceptable as there were quite a few people doing that.

I went to Cockleshell Beach and threw my towel on the sand. I got there as part of a tour that I booked through Thenford Grey Tours. It was $25 and the driver basically drove us around, gave a tour of St. Kitts and then brought us to the beach. We stayed there for around 3 hours and then headed back to the ship.

I'm sure you could just grab a taxi and ask them to bring you to the beach. I'm sure they would have recommendations too.

• 1 month later...
Stay on the ship.

Confused as to why you would say this as we have always found St. Kitts to be a great port......where did you go when last there? Just curious as we have always had a great time there and figure that you must have had a "unique" experience...

We did S Caribbean a couple of years ago. We had no plans for St Kitts - we ended up at Cockleshell beach hanging out at Lion's Beach Bar. It was our best beach day EVER. St. Kitts is now our favorite island. Can't wait to get back there!