Oceanview Cabins on Summit - Question

DinaS

It is our first time on Celebrity, and we have been unable to find the answer to this.

We booked an Oceanview guarantee on the Summit to Bermuda in May 2015.

Our previous cruises (NCL) were on ships that had obstructed Oceanview cabins, and so we didn't want that, and we booked accordingly.

I couldn't find any reference to any obstructed Oceanview cabins on the Summit - although I did find information on obstructed Balcony cabins.

Does anyone know if there are any obstructed Oceanview cabins that we might get stuck with? I know we'll likely end up on Deck 2, and we are fine with that.

Thanks in advance!

Dina

It is our first time on Celebrity, and we have been unable to find the answer to this.

We booked an Oceanview guarantee on the Summit to Bermuda in May 2015.

Our previous cruises (NCL) were on ships that had obstructed Oceanview cabins, and so we didn't want that, and we booked accordingly.

I couldn't find any reference to any obstructed Oceanview cabins on the Summit - although I did find information on obstructed Balcony cabins.

Does anyone know if there are any obstructed Oceanview cabins that we might get stuck with? I know we'll likely end up on Deck 2, and we are fine with that.

Thanks in advance!

Dina

We did a B2B on the Summit March/April 2014. We were on Deck 2, Ocean View Cabin Number 2082. It was NOT an obstructed ocean view. We liked the cabin and location. However, every morning between 4:30 and 5:AM we were woke up by noises from the deck below. I guess it is where the crew was getting things ready for the day. Not really sure what the noise was. We didn’t ask. We just tolerated it. We usually get up at 6:AM so no need for a wakeup call. We would lie in bed and talk before getting up and ordering Room Service coffee for the wife and starting out our day. The early morning noise didn’t ruin our Cruise. Just thought you may want to know about it.

We did a B2B on the Summit March/April 2014. We were on Deck 2, Ocean View Cabin Number 2082. It was NOT an obstructed ocean view. We liked the cabin and location. However, every morning between 4:30 and 5:AM we were woke up by noises from the deck below. I guess it is where the crew was getting things ready for the day. Not really sure what the noise was. We didn’t ask. We just tolerated it. We usually get up at 6:AM so no need for a wakeup call. We would lie in bed and talk before getting up and ordering Room Service coffee for the wife and starting out our day. The early morning noise didn’t ruin our Cruise. Just thought you may want to know about it.

Thanks for letting us know about that. I usually sleep with earplugs (a snoring issue with my sweety), and he's a deep sleeper, so that likely won't bother us.

I am just concerned with looking out the window and seeing something other than water and sky :)

Thanks!

Welcome to Celebrity.

Ocean View Categories on The Summit are... 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8

And range from Deck 2 up to Deck 9

As far as I know (and according to the Celebrity Deck Plans) none of them have obstructed views.

There are some cabins that have partially obstructed views on Decks 6, 7, 8, and 9 but they all have Verandas... And that info is indicated on the Summit Veranda Stateroom web page on Celebrity's website here:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-summit#Staterooms/ships/celebrity-summit/staterooms/stateroom-subtype-sm-do

There are clearly no obstructions on Decks 2 or 3 (where you will most likely end up) as can be clearly seen if you take a look of any broadside view of The Summit.

Stateroom Selection Tip - after your cabin is assigned check it out against the M-Class Cabin Spreadsheet STICKY at the top of this Forum. HELPTHEJUGGLER does an excellent job maintaining this very helpful Spreadsheet. To find her latest update go to the end of the STICKY and scroll backwards til you find her last post.

Also of note... The M-Class Ships are all identical in their footprint & layout, including cabin numbers... So if someone wrote something for your assigned cabin number on another M-Class Ship the info should hold true for The Summit as well.

And lastly, get assigned a cabin you don't particularly like ? Use a website that shows all available cabins in the same category you have been assigned, find one YOU DO LIKE and call Celebrity (or have your TA call if you used one) asking for a direct same category swap.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Welcome to Celebrity.

Ocean View Categories on The Summit are... 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8

And range from Deck 2 up to Deck 9

As far as I know (and according to the Celebrity Deck Plans) none of them have obstructed views.

There are some cabins that have partially obstructed views on Decks 6, 7, 8, and 9 but they all have Verandas... And that info is indicated on the Summit Veranda Stateroom web page on Celebrity's website here:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-summit#Staterooms/ships/celebrity-summit/staterooms/stateroom-subtype-sm-do

There are clearly no obstructions on Decks 2 or 3 (where you will most likely end up) as can be clearly seen if you take a look of any broadside view of The Summit.

Stateroom Selection Tip - after your cabin is assigned check it out against the M-Class Cabin Spreadsheet STICKY at the top of this Forum. HELPTHEJUGGLER does an excellent job maintaining this very helpful Spreadsheet. To find her latest update go to the end of the STICKY and scroll backwards til you find her last post.

Also of note... The M-Class Ships are all identical in their footprint & layout, including cabin numbers... So if someone wrote something for your assigned cabin number on another M-Class Ship the info should hold true for The Summit as well.

And lastly, get assigned a cabin you don't particularly like ? Use a website that shows all available cabins in the same category you have been assigned, find one YOU DO LIKE and call Celebrity (or have your TA call if you used one) asking for a direct same category swap.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

That does help! Thank you so much!!!

We were told we wouldn't be assigned a cabin until we boarded - is that usually the case with Celebrity?

On previous cruiselines, we were usually assigned a cabin (guarantee category) a few weeks before departure.

I know sometimes they just say that so you aren't calling them every week to find out.

Thanks again for your help!!!

Dina

That does help! Thank you so much!!!

We were told we wouldn't be assigned a cabin until we boarded - is that usually the case with Celebrity?

On previous cruiselines, we were usually assigned a cabin (guarantee category) a few weeks before departure.

I know sometimes they just say that so you aren't calling them every week to find out.

Thanks again for your help!!!

Dina

Seems to have been a lot of Guarantee Category posts recently (use the Forum Search if you want more info / interesting reads)... Often those who choose this option seem to be assigned their cabin fairly quickly... Which is nice, because if there are lots of same category empties, they can get a more desireable swap if they deem they want one (lol, may as well let the real late comers to the party get the worst cabins :D )

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ps... Have also been the occasional cruiser who got cabins assigned beyond their requested Guarantee (rare but it did happen). So it is possible that your Oceanview could morph into a Veranda Cabin...

Whatever happens, as I said tho you should then double check the STICKY for the whole score. Good luck.

Seems to have been a lot of Guarantee Category posts recently (use the Forum Search if you want more info / interesting reads)... Often those who choose this option seem to be assigned their cabin fairly quickly... Which is nice, because if there are lots of same category empties, they can get a more desireable swap if they deem they want one (lol, may as well let the real late comers to the party get the worst cabins :D )

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ps... Have also been the occasional cruiser who got cabins assigned beyond their requested Guarantee (rare but it did happen). So it is possible that your Oceanview could morph into a Veranda Cabin...

Whatever happens, as I said tho you should then double check the STICKY for the whole score. Good luck.

Just wanted to note that my parents have been upgraded TWICE beyond their requested guarantee cabin on Celebrity! So it is definitely possible! Good luck!

Just wanted to note that my parents have been upgraded TWICE beyond their requested guarantee cabin on Celebrity! So it is definitely possible! Good luck!

Thanks - I did a search and found lots of great info. I was only concerned with any possibility of obstructed Oceanview cabins, and now that I know there aren't any - we'll be happy with any Oceanview.

We lucked out in the past with NCL and upgrades. On our last cruise, we reserved an Oceanview cabin. When prices went down after final payment, we called our TA hoping for a little extra OBC. We knew NCL wasn't obligated to give us anything, but figured it was worth a shot.

Our TA got NCL on the phone with us, and they asked us if we would like a balcony cabin - for no additional charge - of course we took it :)

Since this is our first time with Celebrity, we are really looking forward to it.

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Dina