bora/ pepeete / moreea

nodandade

just wanted to know if it would be easy to get a trip around the islands once we get off the ship,rather than book with the ship in april 2015 at bora bora and the other ports

thanks in advance

I know that the local carrier has a ticket program that includes a few islands. Also check the luggage restrictions.

I also am confused. Is the OP is looking for private shore excursions? While I haven't been to Mo'orea since 2011 there were definitely private companies/taxi drivers offering private excursions. And we were just in both Bora Bora and Papeete last month; we have been to both islands on prior trips so we knew what we wanted to do, but there were again private companies and taxi drivers offering day trips.

We stopped at Papeete, bora bora and Moorea in that order on Celebrity last year. In Papeete there were lots of tours availible at the dock, and there were also people there that you could book a tour for the Moorea stop 2 days later. At Bora Bora there weren't any operators at the dock but it's a much smaller island. We had a Private tour prebooked here before we left, it was organized though our roll call. Moorea we did a ships tour but there were also people at the port, plus as I said you could book them when in Papeete.

Yes you can pick up a tours on the dock at Papeete. As for the tours for the other islands the best and most recommended tours are booked months in advance so prebooking/joining your RCall is the way to go. If you don't want to go thru your RCall (avoid the hassle of lists, cancellations etc) book your own tour privately and they will add you to a group. FP is very different, I think it is best to research and prepare tours because there is little or nothing within walking distance of each tender dock. The islands are best seen from the water or inland by guided 4X4.

Edited by canuck.qc

thanks for all your replies,now I am o.k with Papeete and moreea,but left wondering about bora bora.

can anyone tell me how far it is to walk so my wife can sit in that crystal clear water and I take her photo in bora bora

thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
thanks for all your replies,now I am o.k with Papeete and moreea,but left wondering about bora bora.

can anyone tell me how far it is to walk so my wife can sit in that crystal clear water and I take her photo in bora bora

thanks in advance

Hi,

We were at all these ports in April 2014 on the Celebrity Solstice.

Papeete - just walked around the port/town. Markets right here at the port which were quite good.

Moorea - hired a car with Avis and drove ourselves around - very easy to do and can do it at your own pace. We booked online and there were lots of people trying to get a car when they got there, I think many missed out as the supply is limited. Plenty of time to go around the whole island and swim/snorkel too. (http://www.avis-tahiti.com). We actually booked their car/boat hire package however it was too windy to use the boat but they refunded our money for this part of the booking. And it wasn't really essential to have the boat as there was fair snorkelling from the shore.

Bora Bora - we hired a pontoon boat with La Plage boat hire for 4 hrs. (http://www.laplage-borabora.com). They picked us up at the port and took us to their hire shop on the beach which is right opposite where all the best snorkelling/ stingray viewing is. The only thing we should have done is taken some ice from the ship - they provided a "cooler" but no ice and no where to get it. There were four of us. They also have a smaller runaround boat but we thought it was too small for four people.

Also there is "Bloody Mary's" here and they have a shuttle running back and forth to the dock for $5 pp each way. We got the boat hire guy to drop us here after the boat trip and then we got the shuttle back to the ship - fabulous time here! Not sure about walking to the beach, other friends did and they are fit people but the heat nearly flattened them - that was the beach near Bloody Mary's, don't know if there were suitable swimming beaches closer but I don't think so. I think there were other shuttles too for a similar price and you could just get them at the dock.

Have a great time!

Edited by sussanahrose