Stingray city

jenniferb30

Do we need water shoes for stingray city

We are doing a jet ski tour to stingray and back

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For Sting Ray City itself, you won't need water shoes. The bottom is all soft sand. Whether you want them for the ride out on a jet ski, that's a matter of choice, I guess.

You are not allowed to wear water shoes or flippers at Stingray City.

That's correct. No shoes allowed. The sand is soft and you will not need them at the stingrays, but I do alot of waverunning here at home and always wear flipflops. It's of course up to you. If you take a spill, you'll want something you can swim in or kick off and they will float. I don't like swimming in water shoes, so flipflops work for me. Are you going any other place (like Rum point) where you would need shoes? That would be a consideration as well.

Just got back from cruise last night. Did jet ski tour of sting ray city ... Awesome. !!!! No shoes allowed in sting ray city in fact the jet ski operator would not allow us to take them. They locked all of ours up in their boat dock locker.. You will not miss the foot gear at all. Enjoy

• 1 month later...

This was my first cruise with my girlfriend and it was the first time I encountered stingrays in the wild. It was an awesome experience to know that these animals are so tactile

to humans. And after the visit to Stingray City we went to a photo exhibit from National

Geographic, which featured incredible photos from Mr. Brian Skerry's journey in the

Oceans of the world. Definitely entertaining, a very good experience! :):):):):)

• 3 months later...

I have also been to the National Geographic Photo Exhibit and got to see the amazing underwater photographs that are on display. I am just glad that I could see them because I personally would not go to those places myself, Brian Skerry is brave :). I also went to Stingray City as a part of the tour offered by Stingray City United whom we booked with and I just have one word to say, WOW! Going in, you would not expect the Stingrays to be so docile and friendly but they snuggle up to you like a puppy searching for food. No shoes are allowed on the sandbar (That is where the Stingrays are) but no worries as the sand is incredibly soft, don't visit Grand Cayman Without and not go out to see the rays, you wont regret it :) and the customer service was great, they make you laugh a lot.

Do we need water shoes for stingray city

We are doing a jet ski tour to stingray and back

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No shoes allowed on the Stingray City tours. They do not want for you to accidentally step on a Stingray so instead you do the Stingray shuffle which just involves sliding your food in the sand rather than lifting up and stepping down. We were provided with these instructions on our tour with Stingray City United. Go ahead and enjoy your tour, it's an adventure I will never forget

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trust me you won't need shoes as the sand is very soft and it is for your own safety too. I was way too caught up in the excitement of the stingrays to even think about shoes. You will enjoy this wonderful experience. I booked through Stingray City United, was very affordable, got a discount too so we all just left our shoes on the boat. I am not sure how it would go for a Jet ski tour though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Just got back from cruise last night. Did jet ski tour of sting ray city ... Awesome. !!!! No shoes allowed in sting ray city in fact the jet ski operator would not allow us to take them. They locked all of ours up in their boat dock locker.. You will not miss the foot gear at all. Enjoy

I would love to hear about the jet ski tour..we are considering it for our family of five (three teenagers 16, 17, 19)..I heard they have 3 seaters..do you just take a taxi to meet up with jet skis? How do you get there and how long of a jet ski ride was it? None of us have driven jet skis so we wanted to give it a whirl...thanks for all the details you can spare :) Did you take your own snorkel equipment and do any snorkling?

I would love to hear about the jet ski tour..we are considering it for our family of five (three teenagers 16, 17, 19)..I heard they have 3 seaters..do you just take a taxi to meet up with jet skis? How do you get there and how long of a jet ski ride was it? None of us have driven jet skis so we wanted to give it a whirl...thanks for all the details you can spare :) Did you take your own snorkel equipment and do any snorkling?

When are you going??? We are leaving on Jan 17 with Royal. I have 2 teenagers 17, 15. Hoping more teens on our ship