The last post wins !!!

griz400

Maybe we all shouldn't respond on this thread anymore, we might make Beaver1975 and maywell mad .... i just looked up like there last 10 or so posts, they like to complain ......maybe we should rename this Last complaint wins !!! :rolleyes:

I don't care who gets mad...this thread is fun!

My first cruise; we flew into Miami a day early. Ended up staying at the same hotel (Best Western near the Airport I think) that some of the cruise staff & entertainers were at. Even the Sky's new CD was there. Fast forward to the bar....lots of fun!

The next morning we arrived at the Miami Pier and I was in absolute awe at the size of this ship that we were boarding. By todays standards...she's small;)

The memory of that pre night fun and the arriving at the pier will remain with me forever.

Cheers everyone & happy sailing,

Sandra

Maybe we all shouldn't respond on this thread anymore, we might make Beaver1975 and maywell mad .... i just looked up like there last 10 or so posts, they like to complain ......maybe we should rename this Last complaint wins !!! :rolleyes:

Exaggeration and lying are one in the same. FYI!

Exaggeration and lying are one in the same. FYI!

why do you keep playing for ???????

here is your quote -- Are we really stooping to silly "game" threads around here?

You expect this on other wannabe cruise boards. So sad!

are you a wanna be ???

Silly games? I'm in!!! Why not have some fun?

My DH and I took our first cruise ten years ago on the NCL Crown. I had no idea what to expect so we turned to CC for information on the cruising life.

There were so many negative remarks about the Crown that we almost cancelled instead of risking our lives on this, so called "old rust bucket."

We anticipated wearing our life jackets for the entire cruise!

Thankfully, we didn't cancel and had the time of our lives!

We both miss that ship! (It was small enough to make the cut into St. George, Bermuda. And, DH won the Elvis impersonator contest - shocked the heck out of me!)

On our last day, one elderly woman, who was silly and the "life of the party" stood at the Crown's exit and hugged each passenger as we all left to go home.

Enjoy the fun!

;)

(OP - love your non-waterproof camera story.)

What a fun thread!

My dh and I, along with my mil, daughter and my two sons on Disney's Big Red Boat, owned by Premier Cruise Line. I recently googled it and the history behind The Big Red Boat was interesting.

That's been many years ago. My youngest son was 18 months old, and he's now almost 25.

I wish I could remember more details about the cruise. It was our very first cruise ever. I remember the ship looked huge when we first saw it in port at Port Canaveral. And now it's small in comparison to ships today.

I do know we have a wonderful time! We did the 3-night Bahama cruise and 4-night Disney World. The only stop was at their private island, I think called Castaway Cay. It was beautiful!

Ahhh... I have no cruise stories yet. But two weeks from now my boyfriend and I will be on both of our first cruise EVER en route to Bermuda. He's never even really left the country! I'm planning (loosely) our days in Bermuda, or at least trying to. It's hard because we WANT to see everything, but there just isn't enough time. If anybody who has been to Bermuda has ideas for a couple of photography-loving people (early 30s and mid 20s), let me know!

SO EXCITED

Its nice to see a thread that doesn't have an agenda other then for having fun and discussing NCL.

I'm booked for my third NCL cruise next year on the Epic. Very excited about it. We got in on the kids sail free program so four of us will be crammed into a family balcony. Lucky we all get along. It will me my daughter and her husband and my 9 year old grandson. One thing that puzzles me is that other then the 2 bedroom Haven and the owners suites, there were really no other choices for 4 people other then to get two cabins which would cost a whole lot more. (forgot about the mini suites)

Interesting is that the large balcony cabins have more square footage then the family balconies but only hold 3 people.

Adivineeternity,

Photo opportunities in Bermuda are endless: crystal caves, beaches, forts, dolphins, walking down side streets, trees, houses, roofs, St. George, sunset sailings, underwater, people, gardens, it goes on and on...bring plenty of memory (gosh, I almost said "film" - truly dating myself).

The good thing about not seeing everything in one trip - you'll just have to go back - again and again! In a few weeks you'll have your own cruiser stories to add (along with some beautiful photos).

You'll have a blast! Enjoy yourself!!

:cool:

My favorite part about all 3 cruises I've done (RCCL on an old CC account, and 2 NCL cruises on this one) are the meet and greets! I have friends that I still talk to today from all 3 cruises! I even got to meet up with 2 people from my last cruise and 2 people from the cruise before on a last minute trip out to Vegas! I'm looking forward to my next trip (hopefully next month) and to meeting more of you lovely Cruise Critic people at the next meet and greet!

We have taken 2 NCL cruises, 1 RCI and 1 CCL and have another NCL and CCL booked at this time. We like them all equally well.

Favorite port - San Juan - just so much to do there and we love the architecture.

Least favorite port - Roatan. It was raining the first time we went there and hopefully won't be next year.

One thing I wish all NCL ships had - outdoor movie screen. I love, love, love watching movies outside with Mojitos and without Mosquitos.

Edited by fergusonvt

Join right in ... The fun thing is, your "first cruise" excitement is contagious.

We still count down the days and play the "in three weeks, at this time, we'll be out to sea, drinking our coffee on the deck" game. :cool:

Hahaha, on Sunday I kept saying "exactly two weeks from this moment, we'll be on our ship exploring/eating/whatevering..."

No wonder BF thinks I'm overwhelming.