Rental car return in Honolulu

no1racefan1

I apologize in advance because I know there are dozens of rental car threads, but I couldn't find a good answer to this particular question.

We are arriving to Honolulu 5 days before our POA cruise. We were originally going to forego a rental car because of the high cost of parking, but we've decided to bite the bullet and rent a car for that time.

When we return the rental car on Saturday, would we just return it to the airport and then take a taxi to the pier? Is there a cheaper way to get to the pier? I even considered dropping the car off Friday night, but can't see how that would save us any money.

We are renting from Enterprise and it states on their website that the airport location does not service the pier, so having them shuttle us there is not an option, apparently.

I apologize in advance because I know there are dozens of rental car threads, but I couldn't find a good answer to this particular question.

We are arriving to Honolulu 5 days before our POA cruise. We were originally going to forego a rental car because of the high cost of parking, but we've decided to bite the bullet and rent a car for that time.

When we return the rental car on Saturday, would we just return it to the airport and then take a taxi to the pier? Is there a cheaper way to get to the pier? I even considered dropping the car off Friday night, but can't see how that would save us any money.

We are renting from Enterprise and it states on their website that the airport location does not service the pier, so having them shuttle us there is not an option, apparently.

Do you have to rent from Enterprise? Thrifty has an off-airport location and will shuttle you to the pier.

Edited by pizzalady1

Do you have to rent from Enterprise? Thrifty has an off-airport location and will shuttle you to the pier.

I guess we don't HAVE to. We are using them because I got a $40 e-certificate using my credit card cashback. I'd like to use that. If we rented from an off-airport location, how would we get there when we arrive at the airport? Will they come get us at the airport from the other location?

I guess we don't HAVE to. We are using them because I got a $40 e-certificate using my credit card cashback. I'd like to use that. If we rented from an off-airport location, how would we get there when we arrive at the airport? Will they come get us at the airport from the other location?

Alamo is off the airport property, but they do provide shuttle service. They also provide shuttle service to the port.

Try to trade in your e-certificate or toss it as you will spend some of that on cab fare!

Yes, Thrifty will have shuttles at the airport to take you to their office. When you return the car, they can shuttle you to the port. Evidently, Alamo does the same thing. Give the local offices a call to verify their shuttles. Also, join the loyalty program with your selected rental agency before you reserve the car. Only takes a few minutes on-line and saves time when getting a car.

Finally, check out the prices at http://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com

Edited by pizzalady1