Port of Miami - Cuban Food & Coffee

djcass4199

Hello everyone.

We are leaving on a cruise out of Port of Miami on Sunday May 3. Does anyone have any good recommendations on where to get some good Cuban food and especially an authentic Cuban coffee near the Port? We do not want to venture over to the South Beach area. We are staying at the Holiday Inn POM and are hoping to park the car when we get there and not use it again until we drive to the port.

Thanks all!

Hello everyone.

We are leaving on a cruise out of Port of Miami on Sunday May 3. Does anyone have any good recommendations on where to get some good Cuban food and especially an authentic Cuban coffee near the Port? We do not want to venture over to the South Beach area. We are staying at the Holiday Inn POM and are hoping to park the car when we get there and not use it again until we drive to the port.

Thanks all!

I have been researching the area also for a good coffee, since I will be staying in the same place pre cruise.

It may not necessarily be a Cuban place, but very near the Holdiday Inn POM, is a place called the Papillon Cafe, about a block away, and they have a vast array of coffees available, as well as an interesting food menu. Check it out on Tripadvisor, or check out their own website. Cafe Papillon. Looks like a place I will frequent in October.

I think there is also a Cuban restaurant across from Holiday Inn POM, at Bayside marketplace, just cannot remember the name offhand, but Bayside marketplace has a website with the restaurants listed.

Edited by SMSACE6

I have been researching the area also for a good coffee, since I will be staying in the same place pre cruise.

It may not necessarily be a Cuban place, but very near the Holdiday Inn POM, is a place called the Papillon Cafe, about a block away, and they have a vast array of coffees available, as well as an interesting food menu. Check it out on Tripadvisor, or check out their own website. Cafe Papillon. Looks like a place I will frequent in October.

I think there is also a Cuban restaurant across from Holiday Inn POM, at Bayside marketplace, just cannot remember the name offhand, but Bayside marketplace has a website with the restaurants listed.

I like Havana Tea & Coffee Company at 155 E Flagler Street, about 2 blocks from the hotel. Great coffee, Cuban pastries, tapas, etc. Great wine bar in the evening.

Bayside is nice and close, but its alot of commercial/chain restaurants.

There is an excellent coffee place a 4-5 blocks away called Eternity Coffee Roasters (117 SE 2nd Ave) Its a small place but the roast the beans right there. It obviously smells amazing.

I like Havana Tea & Coffee Company at 155 E Flagler Street, about 2 blocks from the hotel. Great coffee, Cuban pastries, tapas, etc. Great wine bar in the evening.

Thanks! This sounds wonderful. Going to check it out:)

Similar the BH's advice: ask at the front desk where they go for their coffee and breakfast/lunch/dinner. there are small mom&pop Cuban places all over downtown .... including one buried in a corner at Bayside! Like looking for a pizza in NYC, looking for Cuban Coffee or a Cuban Sandwich in Miami means asking a local where THEY go.

Edited by Capt_BJ