Excursion recommendations for 18 month old

rosarodriguez

The Butterfly one in Key West is GREAT! I did this one with a little one.Also did the Aqarium one in Nassau at the Atlantis ( I think it's called the dig tour ) - the little ones loved it. Nothing really in Freeport- I usually stay on the ship and let the wee ones play in the splash area since it'll be empty.

Key West is so walkable, I would just stroll around and sight see, have lunch somewhere and not bother with an excursion there. Ardastra Zoo is cute and small--won't take long to see the whole thing. Flamingo show is cute. We took our son when he was 24 months and he enjoyed it.

A guidebook will tell you ALL there is in each port...that way, you can pick the right places to go! Many things require no excursion at all, especially if you've researched and have the info!!!

Head to your library and pick up a guidebook!!!

• 8 months later...
[quote name='rosarodriguez']Our ports of call are keywest Fl, freeport & Nassau Bahamas. We are brining our 18 month old and we're wondering which excursions would be fun for him???

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

I would say the Gardens in Nassau. There also used to be an excursion for sting rays, if that appeals. It is kind of a small private island stop - basically a beach day.

Then in Key West, just do the tram thing. You will get to see some fun places. There is a little aquarium right near the port and the butterfly museum is down by the Southern Most Point. The six toed cats can often be seen through the gates of the Hemingway house.

In Freeport I would just go to the main beach/ tourist area and play in the sand. Also, its not a bad time to stay on the ship and do the water park, putt putt (if yours is anything like mine were, 18 months old, a golf ball and a small putter will provide hours of entertainment).