Levels

Boxers rock

It's interesting that Carnival is the only major line I know of where you move up a level at the beginning of a cruise if you are to change levels in the middle of a cruise. All the others (that I know of) have you move up to the next level on the next cruise.

You will be gold as soon as you step on the ship, but not one minute before.

Enjoy.

Not being nit-picking, but on our platinum cruise, we were considered platinum before we got on the ship. We went to platinum check-in before getting on the ship, so technically, we were platinum before the cruise started.

It's interesting that Carnival is the only major line I know of where you move up a level at the beginning of a cruise if you are to change levels in the middle of a cruise. All the others (that I know of) have you move up to the next level on the next cruise.

Good point; I had never noticed that. It is slightly sucky that after our next cruise on RCI we're going to be 10 points past the start of Platinum but won't actually be counted as such until the cruise after that.:( However, RCI makes it easier to climb levels by booking suites and has better loyalty program perks... so I guess that balances it out a bit.:)