Best Comedian on Carnival

forwardcabin

My family and i vote for Percy Crews. He is so funny. I've heard him about three times and it's hilarious. I even went to his adult show. I usually don't go to the adult show because I don't want to hear an hour of curse words, but Percy was just funny with more adult content. Great comedian. We liked one guy this summer on the Liberty and I even went to his adult show. I'll have to think of his name. Very funny also.

• 4 years later...
The very best I ever saw was many years ago on either the Holiday or Jubilee. He was a ventriloquist with a duck for a puppet. I almost had to be given oxygen because he had me laughing so hard. That duck had a very interesting perspective on life....especially on women wearing skirts.

David

Agree!!! Chuckie the duck- one of the funniest things we have ever seen!!!

Edited by oldmedic

I'm glad someone mentioned this was a 5 year old thread. I didn't see the date and thought I was halucinating as people were talking about the Holiday. Even went to Carnival's website to check the names of the ships.

:eek

Wow!!! I can't believe someone found a 5 year old thread on comedians.

that would be me... sorry... was trying to find out which comedians will be on the Magic in two weeks...just blame it on throw back Thursday!! lol maybe I should start a thread " what is the oldest thread you have ressurected"

Edited by oldmedic

that would be me... sorry... was trying to find out which comedians will be on the Magic in two weeks...just blame it on throw back Thursday!! lol maybe I should start a thread " what is the oldest thread you have ressurected"

Funny that hou did it though. I would ask on JH fb page.

Really only seen the shows of two comedians on board ship--Caroline Picard, who was side splittingly funny in both her family family friendly and adult shows and...Thea Vidale. We went to her family friendly show and I was so disgusted I didn't bother going to her adult show. She talked a lot about slapping kids and "retards" (a word I'm rather sensitive to, because of my son) and it was just..not well done. Maybe she was a top comic years ago (her bio that played on the screen outside the comedy club said she had a show on ABC briefly in the 80s) but now she's just..I don't know. It didn't seem funny to me and like people were laughing out of pity and because they felt they had to.

My favorite so far is CeeJay Jones. He has an FB account and he typically posts his schedule there. On the cruise I was on with him, he did 3 (adult) shows, each one was different and super funny. However as they say, if you are easily offended, he may not be your cup of tea. That being said I know he also did "family" shows which were well attended and he received positive reviews as well. One other thing I like about him is that he does mingle and interfaces with guests even when he is not performing.

I worked in a NYC comedy club for 15 years. Very much hoping that the comedians on board my sailing in a few weeks are friends. My sister worked in the same club for as long, so it'll be fun for her as well, and there are some I'd like my mom to see.

Out of the comic mentioned here, Steve White and Macio are good friends and are HILARIOUS.

We just saw Happy Cole on the Glory , both of his shows had us rolling on the floor.

Saw Happy Cole years ago on the Destiny (when it first came out), never laughed so hard in my life, didn't realize he was still on the circuit. Would love to see him again. By far the funniest cruise comedian I have seen.:D

The very best I ever saw was many years ago on either the Holiday or Jubilee. He was a ventriloquist with a duck for a puppet. I almost had to be given oxygen because he had me laughing so hard. That duck had a very interesting perspective on life....especially on women wearing skirts.

David

We saw Dave and the Duck many years ago on several RCI cruises, he was good, he came to our private party and really put on a show for us. Loved him. Always hope he will be on a ship but haven't seen him in quite a few years. We did buy his video tape (that's how many years ago it was) and occasionally watch it and laugh just as hard as the first time we saw it. ;)

We saw Dave and the Duck many years ago on several RCI cruises, he was good, he came to our private party and really put on a show for us. Loved him. Always hope he will be on a ship but haven't seen him in quite a few years. We did buy his video tape (that's how many years ago it was) and occasionally watch it and laugh just as hard as the first time we saw it. ;)

here is a link to his website: http://chuckytheduck.com/ the video is soooo funny!!! wish he was back on the ships!!

Edited by oldmedic