Cruzan Rum Factory Tour???

waterbugohio

Are there tours/vendors once you get off the ship that offer tours to the Rum Factory??

Would like to do the factory tour, but don't want to go thru the ship or make the other stops. Would like to tour in the morning and then hit the beach near the port for some beach time.

Also, how far is the Rum factory? how long should we plan??

Are there tours/vendors once you get off the ship that offer tours to the Rum Factory??

Would like to do the factory tour, but don't want to go thru the ship or make the other stops. Would like to tour in the morning and then hit the beach near the port for some beach time.

Also, how far is the Rum factory? how long should we plan??

I don't know if there is a van which will only drive to Cruzan (which is in the middle of the island) but right in the middle of the square is a tourist info desk which also organises transportation. I took the shuttle to the other side of the island which takes just under an hour, so as Cruzan is in the middle it might take about 30 min each way.

There are plenty of mini vans in this square I might think that you might ask through your roll call if more people are interested in this tour and just hire one as a group. From reading CC I had the impression that the Cruzan is right in town, but it isn't.

I think you should at least plan with 2 to 3 hours (including the factory tour).

The beach right at the pier is very nice.

Edited by onyx007

We were in St. Croix on Sept. 21 and took an island tour right from the port area. $25 per person plus $5 for the Cruzan Rum Tour (they only take credit cards at Cruzan Rum FYI). Our entire tour was 3 1/2 hours and I would say about 1 hour was spent at the Cruzan with the tour and tasting.

We were in St. Croix on Sept. 21 and took an island tour right from the port area. $25 per person plus $5 for the Cruzan Rum Tour (they only take credit cards at Cruzan Rum FYI). Our entire tour was 3 1/2 hours and I would say about 1 hour was spent at the Cruzan with the tour and tasting.

We are in St. Croix on November 2 and have a group going to the Cruzan Rum Factory. They were told the cost of the tour has gone up to $7 even though their website may still say $5. Just wanted to let you know just in case.

We are in St. Croix on November 2 and have a group going to the Cruzan Rum Factory. They were told the cost of the tour has gone up to $7. Not sure if its the Tour Company that changed their price or the Rum Factory themself. Just wanted to let you know just in case.

• 1 month later...

We just hired a cab at the port (there were 4 adults). Our driver took us to the rum factory, then to a beach. Came back and picked us up at the appointed time and took us back to the ship. We don't recall the cost of the cab but it was reasonable. The tour of the factory was about $5 pp. We are planning to do it again in Jan.

We just hired a cab at the port (there were 4 adults). Our driver took us to the rum factory, then to a beach. Came back and picked us up at the appointed time and took us back to the ship. We don't recall the cost of the cab but it was reasonable. The tour of the factory was about $5 pp. We are planning to do it again in Jan.

Thanks for sharing. I'll be in St. Croix on Sunday, and want to vist the rum factory.

I'll be in St-Croix in January and I'm planning on doing this tour as well.

Seems pretty interesting and then spend some time on the beach near the ship after the tour. That sound like a good plan. I should be able to have lunch on the ship and then head to the beach for a few hours in the afternoon.

• 1 month later...

Cruzan's website says the tour is $8. I understand this includes 2 cocktails.

http://www.cruzanrum.com/visitus/

Questions:

1. Do they sell rum at the distillery? I assume they do, but wanted to confirm.

2. Does anyone else in town offer good prices on bottles of Cruzan rum (since we can bring back 5 liters per person...)?

Edited by CaribbeanBound

Cruzan's website says the tour is $8. I understand this includes 2 cocktails.

http://www.cruzanrum.com/visitus/

Questions:

1. Do they sell rum at the distillery? I assume they do, but wanted to confirm.

2. Does anyone else in town offer good prices on bottles of Cruzan rum (since we can bring back 5 liters per person...)?

That is correct. They also allow you 4 samples of whatever you would like to try.

Yes. They do sell rum at the distillery.

I'm not sure about buying in town, we didn't bother to check as we were heading to the distillery. We did notice on some of the islands, prices in the stores were maybe $2-3 per more per bottle than what we paid at Cruzan.

• 8 months later...
Thanks for all of the info. I will be there at the end of the month and have nothing planned yet. We want to do the Rum distillery, so the info was helpful.

Did you end up touring the factory? Do you recall how much the bottles of rum were there? Trying to decide if we should allow weight in luggage to bring some home. We can buy here in FL for $11.99 so wondering what the savings will actually be.