Drinks packages

Baglady123

Really a very subjective question. If you are referring to an alcohol drink package, in order to determine the value to you, take the total cost of the package and divide that by about $8, which would approximately be an average drink price. That total number would be the number of drinks you would need to consume during the cruise to break even on your cost.

I have booked a cruise on celebrity millenium and wondered if the drinks package is worth buying?

when did you book? and when is the cruise? Celebrity is offering the classic drink package right now free with bookings. You also need to know that it includes, Coffee, Soda, bottled water. It isn't just alcohol

Alcoholic and cruise line dependant. Thats typically what you will need to consume to hit the break even point. A couple less if you are drinking soda and alike as well. On sea days if you start when the bar opens and end late into the evening it boils down to a drink every 1,5-2 hours. On port days if you choose to spend the day ashore adventuring then by the time you get back to the ship you will need to be doing about one an hour until midnight to break even. You know your consumption amount and I don't. I just did the math for you. If you end up on the plus side of the line then its a good deal for you. If not then it isn't. I have heard from others that they felt pressured to make it count once they had purchased the package. Again, your call.

These packages aren't just for alcohol, but lots of other beverages. For example, if you purchase the Premium package, you get regular and premium bottled water, fancy coffees and teas, smoothies, fresh squeezed juices, special coffee with alcohol, soft drinks, bottles of wine at 20% off, frozen drinks.

We drink a lot of bottled water and take those big ones with us off the ship for excursions. Those bottles of Evian are not cheap. We also love the Molecular Bar on the S Class ships and Cellar Masters. But, you don't have to drink 6 to 8 alcohol drinks a day to cover the package cost. If you drink a lot of other beverages a day, like a number of espressos or laates, or drink soft drinks, the package can be very beneficial.