Rhine, Main, Danube river cruise

boomercat

I am considering a Rhine, Main, Danube cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam at the beginning of Sept. We would like to book a balcony room, but have been told the weather will be too cold to enjoy it. If we go in August, it may be too hot and the ports will be crowded. Please help me decide.

I am considering a Rhine, Main, Danube cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam at the beginning of Sept. We would like to book a balcony room, but have been told the weather will be too cold to enjoy it. If we go in August, it may be too hot and the ports will be crowded. Please help me decide.

What do you consider to be too cold?

Edited by ea6b5

As a fellow Floridian, don't worry about too hot in August, it's NEVER as hot as Florida. We have German summer weather right now in Florida, cool mornings and nights, warm days. September is a good month for that area. Wine harvest has begun, wine festivals in the streets of small towns, no school vacation any more. If you are really lucky, you hit the week with perfect weather.

Edited by Floridiana

September is a good time to go. We had a weather problem on a cruise in late September, but it was a Russian River cruise.

We did his cruise in June, so I think the weather in September would be similar.

Below is the link to our trip story

http://stevekathytravels.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/europe2010.pdf

We are happy to answer any questions.

Edited by Talisker92

Hi Jim,

We live in Florida, so anything below 60F brings out the hats and scarfs. 75 and sunny would be perfect, but I never expect perfect.

Living here in Florida also, I can understand about it getting below 60. But I have lived in Germany for four years and have seen all the different type of weather that they can serve. As for the weather in Sept, it is not bad but it can have what we called London weather with the mist and fog in the air all the time and then there can be days when it is nice in the 60's with no humidity! I lived in a little town on the Rhine just south of Frankfurt.

Edited by ea6b5

we did Budapest to Amsterdam with Viking and left September 20 (3 days prior in Budapest).. Budapest was HOT...wished we'd had a pool in the afternoons but thoroughly enjoyed the outdoor baths one afternoon!!!!

Most days on the ship were perfect...light sweater in the morning....however on one of wonderful days cruising the land of ABC's ....another beautiful castle (or church)...it was very cool on the sundeck...we were wrapped in the thoughtfully provided wool blankets and dressed in layers....they served hot mulled wine to us....it was still wonderful!!!

While in Amsterdam we were comfortable in light sweaters.

Perfect time to take this fantastic cruise.