St. John info

Tahina cruising

I'm debating between taking the water taxi to Jost Van Dyke and taking the cruise excursion to self explore St. John. My friend and I would love to head to a beach to sunbathe and swim but not snorkel. What would be the best beach for that? And are there taxis waiting at the ferry pier? How would we get back to the ferry pier from the beach? I was thinking about spending 2 hours or so on the beach then heading into town.

That's exactly what we're going to do. I booked the St John on your own where you board the ferry close to the ship. When you get off at the dock in Cruz Bay, there will be plenty of taxis available. We are heading to Caneel Bay Resort, where we can walk a paved path to Honeymoon Beach. It's a beautiful beach for sunbathing and snorkeling, absolutely beautiful, and not nearly as crowded as Truck Bay is. There will be taxis to take you back to town when you're ready!

Edited by ciera123

We did this on our own. Very simple. Take a taxi to Redhook and then it's a short cruise across the harbor to St. John. There are plenty of taxis there to take you where ever you want to go. It gives you more time on the beautiful island.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did this on our own. Very simple. Take a taxi to Redhook and then it's a short cruise across the harbor to St. John. There are plenty of taxis there to take you where ever you want to go. It gives you more time on the beautiful island.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does it matter if we have a larger group? Any price breaks? How much is the taxi's each way and the ferry?

I was going to do through the cruise so I can leave right from the ship and don't have to worry about getting left because we don't want to leave that beautiful island :-) I'm pushing to go back for a week some day. We went for a week a few years ago. It was amazing!!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Forums mobile app

We did St. John on our own and decided that the on your own through the cruise line would be more convenient. Considering the harrowing ride to Red Hook and back and getting the correct ferry time back, this was better for us.

Not much difference in cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app