Need information Hotels/Airport/Transportation in Charleston, SC

yankedog

Do you have information on transportation from airport to port in Charleston? How much is UBER, CAb, car rentals (and can I drop it off and get transportation to the shop).

Where are the decent $110-$140 hotels in the area. We are coming in day before cruise, so need to land at airport, get transportation, get to hotel, dinner and to bed. Get transportation to boat and then ask for a Pina Colada! How is Mt Pleasent/Patriots Point/Ashley area?

HELP!!!!!!!

Do you have information on transportation from airport to port in Charleston? How much is UBER, CAb, car rentals (and can I drop it off and get transportation to the shop).

Where are the decent $110-$140 hotels in the area. We are coming in day before cruise, so need to land at airport, get transportation, get to hotel, dinner and to bed. Get transportation to boat and then ask for a Pina Colada! How is Mt Pleasent/Patriots Point/Ashley area?

HELP!!!!!!!

Mt. Pleasant/Patriots Point- quick shuttle/cab/uber ride over the bridge to downtown Charleston to the port, but you have difficulty getting a hotel in that range. You'll have better luck in W. Ashley, but Mt. Pleasant is prettier and probably better choice of restaurants. For the rate you desire, you'll have better luck in N. Charleston, but frankly I'd spend the money to either stay downtown or in Mt. Pleasant. If you stay downtown you can walk to restaurants in and around the historic district and you'll be ridiculously close to the port, probably just a couple of bucks for an uber. If you stay in Mt. Pleasant, there are a zillion hotels right at the base of the bridge. You're a very quick uber ride to many good restaurants in the Shem Creek area or anywhere along Coleman Blvd., and still a short uber ride to the port the next day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
I am cruising 10/2 out of Charleston & found the Best Western in Mt Pleasant for Park & Cruise at $115!! The shuttle is $15 but that is a still a steal!

Is that the Best Western Patriots point? 1st time cruiser thinking of driving from the middle of North Carolina and staying a night. Would not mind a place that would let my car stay there to the cruise is over.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Is that the Best Western Patriots point? 1st time cruiser thinking of driving from the middle of North Carolina and staying a night. Would not mind a place that would let my car stay there to the cruise is over.

Yes. There is only one Best Western in Mount Pleasant. I believe the Holiday Inn Express in the same area near the Cooper River Bridge allows you as well.

• 2 weeks later...
How does there parking work? Do they charge per day or is it included it the nights rent?

I can't say for the other hotels but we stay at the Mainstay Suites in Mt. P and they let us keep our car there for a week for free. They don't have a shuttle but Uber to port was around $15 for an UberXL for my family of 4 with our 29834729374 luggage's.

I can't say for the other hotels but we stay at the Mainstay Suites in Mt. P and they let us keep our car there for a week for free. They don't have a shuttle but Uber to port was around $15 for an UberXL for my family of 4 with our 29834729374 luggage's.

Wow that's defitly sounds like a better deal than staying close then paying to store it at the dock. Will defitly look into this thanks so much!

• 3 weeks later...