Victoria British Columbia things to see

We are in port from 7-6pm. Looking for the must see things. We love to be active walking around exploring not in groups. Do not enjoy shopping. Would prefer to plan a walking tour if possible. If not we could uber some of it. Thx everyone :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are in port from 7-6pm. Looking for the must see things. We love to be active walking around exploring not in groups. Do not enjoy shopping. Would prefer to plan a walking tour if possible. If not we could uber some of it. Thx everyone :)

No Uber anywhere in British Columbia. They are having trouble getting the government permits and insurance to run the service.

In Victoria you can walk into the downtown (approx 30 minutes) . From there you can walk all the way around the harbor. At the end , you can take a small ferry back to downtown.

Ok so I read Victoria has great whale watching tours maybe we could walk to the harbor and take a whale tour and then what would be good next ? Don't really care about food that much so just grab something quick (not McDonald's something local maybe) and then what next ? Also how do you find the ferry to downtown ? Thx :)

Go to the Fisherman's wharf for seafood. There are food trucks over town especially around Inner Harbour and Parliament Building. The ferry goes around the harbour on a schedule. The furthest they go is West Bay. Check in the harbour for ferry stops.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What K50 said.

Whalewatching is great value out of Victoria compared to AK ports - while not 100% sightings, all local companies I know offer a 'free trips for life' guarantee if you don't see a whale (usually season reports are 90-95% success rates). Unless you come back, this type of guarantee is not much use - so if you can tolerate the bounciness & exposure, 'Zodiac' tours are a better bet than regular boats. Faster boat = more distance covered in the ~3 hour tour, so better chance of getting to the animals (Orcas are resident all year round, but they move about a lot - your captain knows where to go, but may simply not be able to get to that place and back in time!)

Last time in Victoria we walked to Don Mee's in Chinatown for dim sum then walked back. Did our own walking tour, saw the famous alley, the old customs house, got chocolate at Rogers, tea at Murchies. Know we popped into the Empress. The museum is excellent.

Time before that we took a zodiac tour. 11 of us were dry at the end, DH was in the perfect spot (left side, back seat), he got drenched.

Barb's Fish & Chips at Fisherman's Wharf is great for lunch or dinner. We go there every time we're in Victoria.

We've been whale watching with Eagle Wing Tours (https://www.eaglewingtours.com/) and had a great time. They are at Fisherman's Wharf.

If you want to take the little ferry into town from Fisherman's Wharf, just ask anyone there to point out the stop. It's FUN!

Based on your name I'm wondering if you have small children. Giving a bit more information about yourself will help us guide you to excursions that might interest you.