Port Parking in NY for Breakaway ??

jf3284

So i've heard the port parking in Manhattan is $48/day.

Is this true or ??

Also, does anyone have alternate suggestions as to how else

to get to the cruise dock?

Thanks for your input in advance,

Joe

8/23 NCL Breakaway to Bermuda

Guest phd1003

Shop around...We went on the Gem and got 7 days for $150...Dropped bags with porter and parked - about 1/2 mile walk, took a cab back after cruise, cost about $6

Another option is to stay in New Jersey (Secaucus) and leave your car there. The Embassy Suites has a park and cruise rate but the only provide transportation one way. We have never done this but it is an option. We have taken the Amtrak in to Manhattan and taken a taxi to the port but parking at the port was the easiest although most expensive option.

So i've heard the port parking in Manhattan is $48/day. Is this true or ??

Parking at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal is $40 per day. You can get a coupon for 25% off here. http://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/parking/

In June the coupon was for a 7 day cruise but it was accepted for our 8 day cruise on the Gem. So give it a try even if you're not on a 7 day cruise.

There are cheaper places to park as noted by the other folks, but none can beat the Manhattan Cruise Terminal for ease of use. You literally park right next to the ship! Could not be easier.

Port parking is on the pricier end, but so so convenient. The coupon says it is only for Saturday sailings on the Gem. Has anyone had any luck using it on the Breakaway? Sailing in a few weeks.

I went on the Gem last August and forgot my coupon on the printer at home. I pulled up the coupon on my phone when we got to the pier parking and they would not accept it, so if anyone ever uses it, don't forget to bring the actual coupon! lol lesson learned :)

I have parked on the NJ side at the Weehawken ferry. Taken the ferry acress and either take a taxi (or walk if the weather is good). It is more resonably priced and you avoid city traffic and GWB tolls.

I website is NJ/NY Ferry I believe.

Parking at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal is $40 per day. You can get a coupon for 25% off here. http://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/parking/

In June the coupon was for a 7 day cruise but it was accepted for our 8 day cruise on the Gem. So give it a try even if you're not on a 7 day cruise.

There are cheaper places to park as noted by the other folks, but none can beat the Manhattan Cruise Terminal for ease of use. You literally park right next to the ship! Could not be easier.

This coupon is ONLY for the Gem. I called them about this because I'm sailing on the Breakaway in 3 weeks. They offer no discount for parking if you're sailing on the Breakaway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Here was my experience from a recent trip (Thanksgiving NCL Breakaway) details are in the post, but I found $20 a day parking without having to leave the cruise terminal. This was cheaper than taking the train into the city.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=48478653#post48478653

Edited by TJs_Dad