get pillow cases autographed by characters

sherah

I heard that if you bring two white pillow cases and markers, you can get them autographed by the Disney characters. Who do you give the pillow cases to and what kind of markers?

You turn them in at Guest Services onboard. You'll fill out a request card with your room number and who you want to sign them (Princesses, Mickey & crew, all, whatever). They will be returned to your room by the end of the cruise.

One suggestion, be sure to wash the pillowcases first (gets rid of the sizing that can make the markers not adhere that well).

I've read that most people just use Sharpies or such. Another note, yellow doesn't last as long, so don't use yellow markers.

Do you have children or grandchildren? My granddaughter will be the only child in our party of 10. She asked me to make her a pillowcase for character signing (and I did). If you're not crafty, check out ETSY. You can give them as gifts to family and friends when you return for the holidays or, as a special treat for that special someone. You can also drop off hats, t-shirts, photo frame mats, mugs, etc. at Guest Services on your first day.

Based on advise of CC members, I'll be including fabric markers for the pillowcase signing. Also taking photo mats for great-grandma.

Edited by Godiva5

You are limited to 2 items per stateroom regardless of number of people in the room. If you do not supply markers, they item will be signed in black sharpie marker. You are free to supply colored sharpies, fabric markers or whatever you choose. Most of the time, the markers will be returned to you.

If using pillow cases, 100% cotton will work best in retaining the color. If you must use a blend, the higher the cotton content, the better.

As above, turn in your items to guest services on day 1 or 2 of the cruise. You will complete the form and your item (s) and form will be placed in a bag. It will be returned to your stateroom by the end of the cruise.

Do the characters sign autograph books like at Disney World when you go to meet and greets or is the pillow cases the only way you get signatures?

If you're just interested in getting the autographs, you can turn any pretty much anything at Guest Services to be signed - autograph books, picture mats, picture frames, vinylmation have all been used in the past.

If you want to see the characters actually autographing the book, generally they will do it during their photo shoots, or if you run across them onboard in transit from one location to another. Sometimes the photo shoot locations don't allow autographs, if the line is really long and time is limited.