Paris Airport question! Please read!

aubreyc1988

I am flying into Paris for a day before heading to Barcelona for a cruise

My flight lands in CDG at 9:30AM local time Sept 1st, and I leave on Sept 2nd out of ORY at 6:30AM

Here are my questions.

1) I want to do as much as I can during this time frame, so I am planning to go to the Louvre to see a few pieces of art during the day, and maybe Notre Dame, and then see the Eiffel Tower at night. Ideally I would want to get a place to crash around the Eiffel Tower. Most BnBs and hotels don't allow check in until 11am or noon and I would love to have a place to store our bags while out sightseeing. Does anyone know of some places to securely store luggage and the costs to do so?

2) What area of Paris should I stay at, given my time frame and airport locations?

3) I obviously don't want to be walking around or storing with luggage large amounts of cash, will I be able to use a credit card for most things, or how much local currently should I have on me for the day? I know all about the pick pocket situation and will be having a money belt and a couple other creative places to store IDs, cash, credit cards, but don't want to carry around too much local currency if I don't really need it.

4) What time should I set off from Paris to ORY airport in the morning? Is 4AM early enough to get to ORY airport for a 6:30 departure to BCN?

Any other feedback is also appreciated

If your flight lands at 9:30am at CDG, by the time you get out of the airport and into town it could be almost noon. I would go directly to your hotel. You might get lucky and your room will be ready, but if not, you can leave your bags there. That will be more convenient than any luggage storage option.

You can really stay anywhere in Paris given your flight schedule. Orly is south of Paris, so I guess avoid the northern side of the city, but anywhere in central Paris or the Left Bank is about the same as far as your 4am taxi ride to Orly is concerned.

If your flight lands at 9:30am at CDG, by the time you get out of the airport and into town it could be almost noon. I would go directly to your hotel. You might get lucky and your room will be ready, but if not, you can leave your bags there. That will be more convenient than any luggage storage option.

You can really stay anywhere in Paris given your flight schedule. Orly is south of Paris, so I guess avoid the northern side of the city, but anywhere in central Paris or the Left Bank is about the same as far as your 4am taxi ride to Orly is concerned.

Do you recommend taking a taxi from CDG to Paris for quicker time or the Subway?

I think it's about the same. Travel time with the RER + metro is probably faster, but you have to actually get to one of the RER stations at CDG (could be a hike depending on your arrival terminal). There's also a bus that can take you right to the Eiffel Tower, if you find a hotel around there: LE BUS DIRECT Paris Aéroport.

We always take a taxi from CDG to our hotel. If you have very much luggage it is so much easier and is usually about 50 euros for us. We also have our hotel arrange a car to take us to the airport (CDG) about 3 hours before our flight.It's about 60 euros. We have never flown from ORLY so don't know if it is further. We always pay cash, not sure if they take credit cards.

I think most restaurant , shops etc. take credit cards. You should buy a Museum Pass for one day, you can buy at CDG, otherwise you will be in line for tickets for a couple of hours at the Louvre. With the pass you skip the line. It is good for entrance in many museums and other places. If you are going up the Eiffel Tower , you should also buy that ticket in advance online. The Eiffel Tower twinkles at night and it is "Magical". With only one day you don't want to spend all your time in lines. The HOHO Bus is also good and makes stops at several sites, and gives you an overall view of the city.

I'm sure your hotel will store your luggage if your room is not ready at no charge. There are usually in room safes for your valuables if your room is ready. We have never stayed near the Eiffel Tower. We stayed at the Brighton Hotel in the 1st arrondissement and could see it in the distance from our balcony. We have also stayed in the Latin Quarter(5th) near Notre Damn and liked that area. Good Luck with your research.

As far as I know, the museum pass is for 2 days minimum (48 ?), so I doubt you could get your money's worth in one day. And it's a short day, since the OP will only be able to start sightseeing at noon. If she mostly wants to see the Louvre, she can buy advance tickets for that and cut the lines, too.

What airline are you flying to BCN? The only flights I'm seeing are 1-stop, arriving just before noon. In contrast, you could take a direct TGV for Paris Gate de Lyon to Barcelona Sants, leaving at 7:15 and arriving at 1:34, and actually get some sleep that night...;)

What airline are you flying to BCN? The only flights I'm seeing are 1-stop, arriving just before noon. In contrast, you could take a direct TGV for Paris Gate de Lyon to Barcelona Sants, leaving at 7:15 and arriving at 1:34, and actually get some sleep that night...;)

I'm flying to CDG Paris on the 31 non stop , arriving on the 1st at 9am then going to Barcelona on the second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk