Are you allowed to sleep off the boat in Bora Bora or Moorea?

aznfayeth

I'm thinking about staying at an overwater bungalow during the 2 day stop at Moorea, possibly Hilton Moorea. Does the ship allow you to spend the night ashore?

Ask the cruise line . It might be a problem if they a forced to leave earlier than scheduled.

It shouldn't be a problem in Moorea.

If the ship leaves early you can take a ferry or flight.

Of course advise the ship of your plan so they know where to contact you in case of any change.

The PG has an "excursion" with an overnight in both Bora Bora and Moorea at a hotel. You can do this yourself as well. IMHO it is not worthwhile. You are already paying about $500+ per person per night for the cruise. Why spend the $$ again. I have stayed at the Hilton a few times before the cruise and after and it is indeed spectacular. Only a $30 ferry ride away and the ferry terminal is about 50 yards from the cruise ship terminal. I would try to do this before or after your cruise.

The PG has an "excursion" with an overnight in both Bora Bora and Moorea at a hotel. You can do this yourself as well. IMHO it is not worthwhile. You are already paying about $500+ per person per night for the cruise. Why spend the $$ again. I have stayed at the Hilton a few times before the cruise and after and it is indeed spectacular. Only a $30 ferry ride away and the ferry terminal is about 50 yards from the cruise ship terminal. I would try to do this before or after your cruise.

Your suggestion is no doubt the best. I was actually thinking of booking for the overnight myself. Not sure of this. We are three people and the day use charges will be 250 US for the HIlton. Added to that the cost and inconvenience of the transfer up and down. Yes I know I am spending twice so not sure yet of what I want to do.

Last year I stayed overnight at the IC Thalasso Bora Bora. As I have the IHG credit card I get a free night anywhere in the world so I saved $1000. Awesome place but if you want to do this get the credit card and after a year you can get the free night. Well worth the. $49 annual fee. I agree with flight medic regarding the excursion through the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by twin123185