Back from Allure Nov 9

vivalv66

We just got back from the Nov 9 sailing. Overall had a good time but would not sail on this ship again. To big for our liking. Like the Adventure of the Seas better. Did not ever seem crowded. Food was not bad but not as good as it used to be. They are charging to much for food you didn't have to pay for before. Had a pay steak at MDR. Not good. Ate breakfast at Johnny Rockets and Wipeout cafe every morning. Like the omelettes at Wipeout. The Italian pay restaurant was awful. Took forever. We did not get charged and got an apology note with champagne and strawberries in our cabin next day. Good Customer service. Staff were all friendly! Room was nice (balcony 10306) Embarkation and debarkation was a breeze! To many kid oriented things on this ship for our liking.Comedians were my favorite. Chicago ok but LONG. Oceania was cancelled the day we were scheduled to see it. Headliner show was so so according to others. Karaoke always busy. Quest was funny as usual. Nothing wrong with the ship just not for us. Rain first 3 days was a bummer but rest of week sunny. Nassau boring, St Thomas and St Maarten love, love, love! Stayed at Universal Palms Hotel pre and post cruise $59. Good for the price. Clean rooms, friendly staff. Does have some train noise. Overall we will probably not cruise in Nov or Dec in the future. Weather to unpredictable. Glad to answer any questions If am able.

We just got back from the Nov 9 sailing. Overall had a good time but would not sail on this ship again. To big for our liking. Like the Adventure of the Seas better. Did not ever seem crowded. Food was not bad but not as good as it used to be. They are charging to much for food you didn't have to pay for before. Had a pay steak at MDR. Not good. Ate breakfast at Johnny Rockets and Wipeout cafe every morning. Like the omelettes at Wipeout. The Italian pay restaurant was awful. Took forever. We did not get charged and got an apology note with champagne and strawberries in our cabin next day. Good Customer service. Staff were all friendly! Room was nice (balcony 10306) Embarkation and debarkation was a breeze! To many kid oriented things on this ship for our liking.Comedians were my favorite. Chicago ok but LONG. Oceania was cancelled the day we were scheduled to see it. Headliner show was so so according to others. Karaoke always busy. Quest was funny as usual. Nothing wrong with the ship just not for us. Rain first 3 days was a bummer but rest of week sunny. Nassau boring, St Thomas and St Maarten love, love, love! Stayed at Universal Palms Hotel pre and post cruise $59. Good for the price. Clean rooms, friendly staff. Does have some train noise. Overall we will probably not cruise in Nov or Dec in the future. Weather to unpredictable. Glad to answer any questions If am able.

Did you happen to notice whether they had switched to dealer manned Texas Hold em from the automated table?

What was wrong with it?

Our Maitre D suggested we all go there on Thursday night. He gave a a "special" rate of $20. I think we had 23-28 people. We arrived at 8:30. They were not ready. They set up 4 tables in odd location. They should of did a "U" shape.

First 1/2 hour no water. no cocktails, no apps. Dinner was served family style. First courses were scattered. Some things different on other tables. Nothing was real tasty just average. Main courses were 2 pastas (3 for some) 2 veal dishes.

Gnocchi was not done. Meat pasta was like a frozen meal. Many of us do not eat veal. Those who did liked it. The only thing I liked was a fried mozzarella. Dessert was good. It is very loud and hard to speak with anybody without yelling. The main course was served after 10pm. Hour and 1/2 wait for dinner was disappointing. We have been to specialty restaurants in the past and the food was always wonderful. This was just like buffet food in taste. Glad we didn't have to pay. Missed our show that night too. Just not a good experience for us.

Also...one gal was vegetarian and the only thing she could eat was gnocchi and dessert. I ended up asking for a plate of mashed potatoes. They were good.

My wife and I was on the same cruise. Ate lunch at Giovanni's on last sea day and loved it. A lot of food, all tasty. The meat lasagna was great. Food always has been a subjective opinion.

I was afraid that my wife would not like the size of the ship as I do feel it is a different cruising experience than ships of lesser size. But she loved it. Would sail on her again in a flash.

November and December are especially unpredictable months for South Florida. Two days ago it was raining & 50 degrees in the AM up to 63 in the afternoon, yesterday it was sunny most of the day & high of 85 degrees, and this morning there are dark clouds & 75 degrees. But that is how it is during the winter months; wait 30 minutes and the weather will change!

What did you think of that Oceanview Balcony room & the location of it? Two of the people in our group are book for that exact room next year.

Did you happen to notice whether they had switched to dealer manned Texas Hold em from the automated table?

Texas hold em is still automated. While it doesn't give the same feel as with actual cards and chips, it certainly speeds the game up. Our tournament lasted only about an hour. Nice $416 payday for an hours worth of work :D.

November and December are especially unpredictable months for South Florida. Two days ago it was raining & 50 degrees in the AM up to 63 in the afternoon, yesterday it was sunny most of the day & high of 85 degrees, and this morning there are dark clouds & 75 degrees. But that is how it is during the winter months; wait 30 minutes and the weather will change!

What did you think of that Oceanview Balcony room & the location of it? Two of the people in our group are book for that exact room next year.

Room was good. No problems at all.