What does everyone think about Tropical Storm Gaston?

Sprasa03

I'm leaving THIS SUNDAY on the Norwegian Breakaway to Bermuda and just heard from hubby about this storm and I'm wondering what will take place.

Most recently I've heard that it will hit Bermuda on Monday but we're not due arrive till Wednesday anyway and I'm not sure how the weather will be then.

I don't get motion sickness - but I haven't been on a ship through a tropical storm either. Has anyone experienced this before? Is Dramamine the go-to drug in case of motion sickness?

How much notice do they give if they decide to change the itinerary? Where would they go? I think Florida is effected too.

Rambling cause I'm concerned, any info would ease my worries! And please forgive if someone else already posted about this. I searched a little but didn't see many people talking about.

I'm leaving THIS SUNDAY on the Norwegian Breakaway to Bermuda and just heard from hubby about this storm and I'm wondering what will take place.

Most recently I've heard that it will hit Bermuda on Monday but we're not due arrive till Wednesday anyway and I'm not sure how the weather will be then.

I don't get motion sickness - but I haven't been on a ship through a tropical storm either. Has anyone experienced this before? Is Dramamine the go-to drug in case of motion sickness?

How much notice do they give if they decide to change the itinerary? Where would they go? I think Florida is effected too.

Rambling cause I'm concerned, any info would ease my worries! And please forgive if someone else already posted about this. I searched a little but didn't see many people talking about.

Currently Gaston is tracking to the northeast of Bermuda, not hitting it. It bears watching, as tracks can change but right now it looks like the closest it will be to Bermuda is 500 miles. Likely it will be much farther northeast by Wednesday or dissipated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just a heads up. I went to Bermuda the week of Hurricane Joaquin (sp?) and we ended up leaving port late as to let the storm pass a bunch and we ended up in Bermuda a couple hours later than scheduled ( due to a medical emergency not the storm). Seas were a little rough on Day 1 but all in all was a great trip. Good thoughts for great weather. Happy sailing.

Thank you all for putting my mind at ease!

I am also leaving Sunday, but on the Summit. The storm seems to not be current threat to Bermuda. Current forecast looks beautiful on Wednesday, cloudy, but some sun on Thursday, and scattered thunderstorms on Friday, but with some potential for sun here and there :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk