Does everything stay open at Tivoli on late summer nights?

Been there 3 times in high summer season. Always stayed until closing. The most popular attractions are open until the very end, some smaller things close a little early. I kind of recall the queue for "Vertigo" (only 2 of its kind in the world) closes early, because the ride only seats 4 at a time and therefore queue moves slowly (or 4 people total, last month, because one arm was not in operation).

Thanks. My kids are very interested in the rides, not the music so this should work. We only have one night option and it is Friday night and from what I understand, it is beautiful at night. I think this is what we will do and save the canal tour and Castle tour for the next morning.

Yes it will get crowded but people will gather around the stage so the other areas will empty out later in the evening.

That certainly is what happened on June 10, so it was easy to wander about the rest of the place. And it was magical!

We're in Copenhagen now ready to board our Baltic cruise this afternoon. We went to Tivoli on Thursday night and we thoroughly enjoyed the evening but were disappointed to find, once we were there, that it closed at 10pm that night, especially since it was a lovely evening. We hadn't checked the hours before we went, assuming it stayed open until late and if we had gone Friday night it closed at 12.30am. The Sunday to Thursday hours changed to an hour earlier closing the week we arrived.

Here are the hours taken from the Tivoli brochure:

From 14 April to 16 June, and for 15 August to 25 September are:

Sunday - Thursday 11am - 10pm

Friday 11am - 12.30am

Saturday 11am - midnight

From 17 June to 14 August:

Sunday - Thursday 11am - 11pm

Friday 11am - 12.30am

Saturday 11am - midnight

Thanks. My kids are very interested in the rides, not the music so this should work. We only have one night option and it is Friday night and from what I understand, it is beautiful at night. I think this is what we will do and save the canal tour and Castle tour for the next morning.

Be aware that the rides are not "super duper thriller coasters" like the type you'd find at Six Flags or Universal Studios. They are a bit more mild. My son at age 13 enjoyed 2-3 of them quite a bit, the rest seemed geared to younger kids.

Tivoli was the prototype amusement park. Its charm lies in its age, landscaping, lighting, etc. If your kids understand this, they won't feel disappointed when they get there.

It is a good place for your kids to watch and mingle with other kids. When we went (also a Friday night in summer), there were tons of other kids there, I would say middle school or early high school by US age.

• 7 months later...

We will be in Copenhagen in June, one day pre-cruise and one post. I know it doesn't get dark till very late in June and the park closes at 10 pm, so does anyone know when the lights go on as we would very much like to see the park with the lights.

Archived