Catholic Mass

flyboyswife

Ship docks on Saturday for overnight; leaves mid-afternoon Sunday. I'd love to get to a Catholic Church if possible. I know about the $7/shuttle to Horeshoe bay. I understand Elbow beach is 3-miles away and there is a church within walking distance of Elbow beach. Would I be able to get a taxi from Horeshoe bay to Elbow beach? If so, how much do you think it would cost on a Sunday?

DH isn't Catholic. Thinking we could take the shuttle to Horseshoe bay, I could either leave DH there or we could taxi to Elbow beach, I could then run to Mass, and then return to spend remainder of time at beach.

Thanks in advance to all!

Ship docks on Saturday for overnight; leaves mid-afternoon Sunday. I'd love to get to a Catholic Church if possible. I know about the $7/shuttle to Horeshoe bay. I understand Elbow beach is 3-miles away and there is a church within walking distance of Elbow beach. Would I be able to get a taxi from Horeshoe bay to Elbow beach? If so, how much do you think it would cost on a Sunday?

DH isn't Catholic. Thinking we could take the shuttle to Horseshoe bay, I could either leave DH there or we could taxi to Elbow beach, I could then run to Mass, and then return to spend remainder of time at beach.

Thanks in advance to all!

What time is mass?

Edited by Charles4515

0830 or 0900 Sunday

That would be problematic. If you want to make an 8:30 mass I think you would be better off prearranging a taxi to pick you up at the Dockyard at 7:30. For 9:00 pickup at 8:00. I don't think you can be sure of taxis available at the Dockyard or Horseshoe that early Sunday morning unless prearranged. Shuttles to Horseshoe probably won't leave before 8:30. So I don't think the hand off idea is going to fly.

That would be problematic. If you want to make an 8:30 mass I think you would be better off prearranging a taxi to pick you up at the Dockyard at 7:30. For 9:00 pickup at 8:00. I don't think you can be sure of taxis available at the Dockyard or Horseshoe that early Sunday morning unless prearranged. Shuttles to Horseshoe probably won't leave before 8:30. So I don't think the hand off idea is going to fly.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your thinking about it and trying to help!

• 5 weeks later...

If you would consider Sat.

SAINT ANTHONY'S at 5:30 PM, located on the Middle Road in Warwick, via #8--Dockyard-Hamilton public bus route (approx. 35-40 mins)...or...

SAINT MICHAEL'S at 5:45 PM, located on the South Road in Paget, via #7--Dockyard-Via South Road-Hamilton public bus route (approx. 50 mins).

Both bus routes have stops right at the church.