Africa Show On Thomson Ships - Music Question

Hi There - We are just back from the Celebration - a great trip and our third time on this ship and our 8th Thomson cruise.

We love the show 'Africa' and were discussing the music played during the show.

There is one song played which is our favourite but we don't know the title and artist - can anyone enlighten us please?

It's a lively instrumental piece - with a Samba beat and lots of drumming (South American rather than African I know ;)) - the dancers are wearing loin cloth type outfits and waving clubs around at this point and shouting and working up a frenzy.

I know some of the songs, Toto's Africa, Pirhanas and Zambizee, various bits of music from Tarzan and the Lion King which are all great - but this one eludes us!

Can anyone help please? If not, then if anyone is onboard soon can they perhaps ask the show team or techies what the piece is called? I realise now we should have done this ourselves but at the time we didn't realise there was a gap in our musical knowledge :o

Thank you in grateful anticipation!

Rachael :)

Hi There - We are just back from the Celebration - a great trip and our third time on this ship and our 8th Thomson cruise.

We love the show 'Africa' and were discussing the music played during the show.

There is one song played which is our favourite but we don't know the title and artist - can anyone enlighten us please?

It's a lively instrumental piece - with a Samba beat and lots of drumming (South American rather than African I know ;)) - the dancers are wearing loin cloth type outfits and waving clubs around at this point and shouting and working up a frenzy.

I know some of the songs, Toto's Africa, Pirhanas and Zambizee, various bits of music from Tarzan and the Lion King which are all great - but this one eludes us!

Can anyone help please? If not, then if anyone is onboard soon can they perhaps ask the show team or techies what the piece is called? I realise now we should have done this ourselves but at the time we didn't realise there was a gap in our musical knowledge :o

Thank you in grateful anticipation!

Would you mean this bit from a Stuart Moss Film (on the Destiny)

Nope sorry I dont know either :rolleyes::)

Ha - a kindred spirit! One of our all-time favourites too! :D

DH was keen to identify this piece as well and asked the dance capt on board who didn't know but I think it was one of the Ents Team (after several trips and enquiries) who gave him a clue then after some research (what would we do without Google?) it is:

The group: the Safri Duo

Title is: variously referred to as Played-A-live or Bongosong

Album called: Episode II (first track)

Like you we love the Africa show - I don't think we ever tire of it. When we were on Dream a few weeks ago it only figured as a section of another show (without the fabulous bongo drums and dancing bit). For my money I'd be happy if they kept it on board all ships as a standard! We've been to see quite a few West End shows more than once as I'm sure others do too. If something's really good than you want to see it again.

Enjoy listening to it again - and imagine that great choreography! ;)

:D:D:D:D

Thank you so much both of you!!!

I did look on You Tube to see if i could find clips of the show and then I was going to Shazam it to find out the artist BUT I couldn't find clips! My DH Chris is just looking to download it now. I can't tell you how much time was wasted on trying to work it out yesterday when we should have been unpacking! ;)

Thanks again x

:D:D:D

Thank you so much both of you!!!

I did look on You Tube to see if i could find clips of the show and then I was going to Shazam it to find out the artist BUT I couldn't find clips! My DH Chris is just looking to download it now. I can't tell you how much time was wasted on trying to work it out yesterday when we should have been unpacking! ;)

Thanks again x

You are very welcome. But I had to smile about you diverting from getting unpacked. My DH is like a dog with a bone when he's on a quest like that. It took him a lot of time (and several cruises) to track down anyone who could give him even a little clue to get going with a search but once he did he was really chuffed - and all the more so when he found the artists and album! ;)

It's downloaded now and we have unpacked too... Double whammy! Where and when are you cruising next? We have three more thomson cruises booked for this year, two on the dream and one on the majesty. :)

Gosh - well done you! We've not got anything else booked at the moment but that doesn't mean I'm not looking! :D We're quite open this year to what comes up - I usually have my eye on specific cruises but not this time. So we shall see.......... It will be nice to settle on something though. I'll work on it! :D

But you have plenty to look forward to - lots of anticipation and planning ahead. Enjoy!! ;)

Gosh - well done you! We've not got anything else booked at the moment but that doesn't mean I'm not looking! :D We're quite open this year to what comes up - I usually have my eye on specific cruises but not this time. So we shall see.......... It will be nice to settle on something though. I'll work on it! :D

But you have plenty to look forward to - lots of anticipation and planning ahead. Enjoy!! ;)

'ell you lot not paid for my next one in April yet :eek:

such is life ;)

Stevie

Archived