THOMSON website card payments

Well...I finally get round to booking something. Go through all the booking process on the website,,pressed pay and then nothing,,just a white screen. How annoying is that really! Stupid stupid website,,I don't know if my cruise is booked or not,,I don't know if they have the card details and have taken the money,,I'm very cross,,and I'll be even crosser tomorrow if the price jumps up overnight and they deny all knowledge of it,,,gggrrrrr. Where are those pesky Thomson people when you need them. :mad::mad::mad:

Yep,,all the way through to the bitter end! I'm assuming it's not booked it as I don't have an email and they are almost instantaneous aren't they with confirmations. The worrying thing is that the screen flashed up with a "payment successful" and then went straight to white then eventually showed an error screen...:eek::eek: Technology is wonderful innit.

It might be due to the time.

Thomson don't do 24 hrs so maybe it was 'home time.'

I had a problem when I was booking seats once. It did get sorted but I had to contact IT centre. I've just been looking to see if I still had the details, but sorry I can't find them.

I know Thomson have been having problems for the past week with bookings, and I think at the moment paying your balance etc. online is down, so don't know whether that has anything to do with it? :confused:

The booking system is usually open till 1 am so there shouldn't be any problems there. I hope you get it sorted. I'm guessing if you've had no confirmation email it isn't booked, but as you got so far on in the booking, I'm not sure.

This is from the bottom of a shorex confirmation email. Perhaps that is the number to ring or you could try to email them. I too would think without a confiirmation email it's not been booked - but until you see you haven't been charged you won't know for sure!

If you have any queries about your shore excursions booking, please contact us using these details:

email-pdf.gifcruiseexcursions@thomson.co.uk phone.gif 0871 687 0377

(Calls to 0871 numbers cost 10p per minute plus network extras)

Since last Friday my son and his girlfriend were unable to pay the balance (online) of their holiday in Turkey (payment due this Friday) but they finally got it sorted when they phoned yesterday.... now daughter and her husband are having trouble paying a second part of a deposit (online) for their holiday in Majorca.:(

this happened to me once while I was booking shorex, the website crashed

I went thru the whole booking process a 2nd time (as I hadnt got as far as the 3 digit security code on my card the 1st time) 2nd time it went thru but when I checked my bank statement they had charged twice, odd because I only received the one confirmation email? and only one booking reference number?

I then had to make several calls to get the money back, they wanted the booking reference number for the booking that I had never received?

they then refunded both amounts, and I had to go thru the whole booking process again

it was all a bit of a performance:(

They have been having problems with their 'systems being down'. I phoned and payed my remaining balance on Saturday (23rd Feb), and have still not received any confirmation, although I can see that it has left my bank. On the phone they also couldn't tell me what my remaining balance was and I had to say how much I wanted to pay. They said they'd been having some problems since the middle of last week.

Well...I just phoned Thomson's and sorted it out. The booking is now made but when the chap I spoke to checked for me it turns out that their system had taken all the payment details and the money would leave our account today because it was authorised but there was no record whatsoever of the booking! He apologised profusely but it did sound like they are indeed having problems. I very nearly just went ahead and booked it again on the website but something stopped me and I'm very glad I rang to check with them.

When I was in the local Thomson branch on Friday booking next year's cruise, they were tearing their hair out. They could book ok, but had to write everything by hand as they couldn't input into their system as it was down. When it eventually comes back, they have a big backlog of bookings to input. Sounds like a pretty major problem

Well...I just phoned Thomson's and sorted it out. The booking is now made but when the chap I spoke to checked for me it turns out that their system had taken all the payment details and the money would leave our account today because it was authorised but there was no record whatsoever of the booking! He apologised profusely but it did sound like they are indeed having problems. I very nearly just went ahead and booked it again on the website but something stopped me and I'm very glad I rang to check with them.

Hi pleased you have it sorted... it would have played on my mind and kept me awake in the night a bit though, think in future i'll arrange these things am/pm in order to get straight on the phone if problems arise.

Given these problems - there's no wonder they end up with double-booked cabins too!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

P.S. just realised you were trying to book your cruise Cappers - I'd jumped to the conclusion that it was on-line excursions you were booking. So.... given the amount of money involved I can well imagine how concerned you would be. Good job you didn't book again! So pleased it's all sorted now - you can get on wiht your planning now. Enjoy! :)

Since last Friday my son and his girlfriend were unable to pay the balance (online) of their holiday in Turkey (payment due this Friday) but they finally got it sorted when they phoned yesterday.... now daughter and her husband are having trouble paying a second part of a deposit (online) for their holiday in Majorca.:(

Hi barnowl1950,

If your daughter is still having problems, she's welcome to contact us at thomsoncares@thomson.co.uk and we can look into this for her.

Thanks,

Rhiannon

Hi Cappers, We're glad to hear you've managed to get this sorted. If you have any other questions, let us know.

Thanks,

Rhiannon

We always use a Travel Agent - get the price on-line then take this to the

TA, they will always match the price and they have all the hassle, if there are problems - you can also ask any questions you may have.

Enjoy

Alan

Glad you got it sorted :) Where are you going?

Doing the Spirit of the Med on the Escape Linda. Price dropped nicely:) Was going to do the Canarian Flavours on Majesty but I hesitated,,thought about flying for 4 hours too much,,and the price jumped up and that decided it really. It's only a little Easter trip so didn't want it to be too expensive as we have our 25th wedding anniversary in August and want that to be special! Looking at Adriatic Explorer for that,,probably with a B2B Pearls of the Agean or a week on a beach! Annnnd then there's my little birthday trip on Azura and I might squeeze in the Italian Flavours with my daughter as she loves Italy. I'm very spoilt but I work hard so I do as much as I can,,I work in a funeral parlour and I know there's no pockets in a shroud;)

Doing the Spirit of the Med on the Escape Linda. Price dropped nicely. Was going to do the Canarian Flavours on Majesty but I hesitated,,thought about flying for 4 hours too much,,and the price jumped up and that decided it really. It's only a little Easter trip so didn't want it to be too expensive as we have our 25th wedding anniversary in August and want that to be special! Looking at Adriatic Explorer for that,,probably with a B2B Pearls of the Agean or a week on a beach! Annnnd then there's my little birthday trip on Azura and I might squeeze in the Italian Flavours with my daughter as she loves Italy. I'm very spoilt but I work hard so I do as much as I can,,I work in a funeral parlour and I know there's no pockets in a shroud

Very true ;) My mum used to say "you can't take it with you!"

I had a similar experience to you when booking the Majesty. It was the first time I had booked online and I tried to pay 3 times before I got an email, so was anxious until I got hold of Thomson to check it was booked and I hadn't paid the deposit 3 times :eek: I think I will go back to my old method of checking the price online then going to the TA to book it :)

You must do Adriatic Explorer - fabulous :)

I was thinking we might do Pearls of the Aegean in late summer, now DH has said he might like to do the fjords after years of saying "If you have seen one fjord, you have seen them all!!" :rolleyes:

Pricing them up, Thomson is cheapest, but DH wants to go from Southampton :rolleyes: I will start another thread on Norway for some advice

Archived