All day in the Nassau...on my birthday!!!

awilliams98

I just visited Nassau for the time on 11/7 on my last cruise and we purchased a day pass at Breezes...we had fun and the drinks were great!!! I am returning to Nassau on 01/24 for my birthday...of course on a cruise, however, this itinerary is set up to have us in Nassau for an entire 24 hour period. We will have a group with us as it is my 30th birthday and I have invited quite a few people to join us on this cruise (so far we don't know how many are actually going, but my guesstimate would be at least 10-14 of us). Anyway, my question is, what can we do as a large group that is pretty affordable? I guess we could do day passes or find a public beach...but I don't really know the pros and cons of doing that since I haven't experienced going to public beaches. Also i have seen some speed boat and catamaran excursions that seem like fun...it's literally so much to choose from. I guess it would help if u knew what kind of group we are: everyone is between the ages of 25-32, we are all healthy and active, most of us like to drink, we all LOVE food, and we like to just have a good time. Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!!!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

While breezes was fun...we are kind of on the fence as to whether it was worth the money. The drinks were great but the food sucked...not sure if we are just spoiled from cruise food...but the food at breezes was borderline awful, we just ate it to soak up the alcohol. but the drinks were great and we enjoyed the activities. So I would like to see if other resort day passes would be better or other activities we could do.

While breezes was fun...we are kind of on the fence as to whether it was worth the money. The drinks were great but the food sucked...not sure if we are just spoiled from cruise food...but the food at breezes was borderline awful, we just ate it to soak up the alcohol. but the drinks were great and we enjoyed the activities. So I would like to see if other resort day passes would be better or other activities we could do.

Go to the RIU.

RIU doesn't really have any activities, although you can do parasailing or rent jet skis from vendors next to RIU (not associated with the hotel). If you didn't like the food at Breezes, I'm not sure you'd like it at RIU either. There's probably more selection at RIU but both have buffets.

With 24 hours, you might be able to do a speedboat tour. We did this last year and it was just an amazing day. Pretty pricey though and it may be difficult to book that many people. Also, keep in mind that anything water-related will be chilly in January.

Sandals has great food but it's for couples, not really geared to large groups. Have you looked into Melia? They offer different day passes with different levels of inclusion.

A catamaran trip to Rose Island or something like that might be a lot of fun for a group.

RIU doesn't really have any activities, although you can do parasailing or rent jet skis from vendors next to RIU (not associated with the hotel). If you didn't like the food at Breezes, I'm not sure you'd like it at RIU either. There's probably more selection at RIU but both have buffets.

With 24 hours, you might be able to do a speedboat tour. We did this last year and it was just an amazing day. Pretty pricey though and it may be difficult to book that many people. Also, keep in mind that anything water-related will be chilly in January.

Sandals has great food but it's for couples, not really geared to large groups. Have you looked into Melia? They offer different day passes with different levels of inclusion.

A catamaran trip to Rose Island or something like that might be a lot of fun for a group.

Oh, I forgot about the Melia passess!!! They do have different time slots and different options, that's perfect. That way it can fit in everyone's budget. Any suggestions on a good company to use for a catamaran trip to Rose Island?

Oh, I forgot about the Melia passess!!! They do have different time slots and different options, that's perfect. That way it can fit in everyone's budget. Any suggestions on a good company to use for a catamaran trip to Rose Island?

I think Barefoot Sailing, Sandy Toes and Flying Cloud all have full-day tours. I need to specify that I haven't been on any of these so I can't recommend them. I really liked the looks of the Flying Cloud tour and we almost booked it but then decided to do the speedboat tour instead. It's still on my list of things to do on a future cruise. :)

You could check out Trip Advisor for reviews.

RSLeesburg just posted the most recent Melia day pass information on this thread: http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2119683

What cruise line are you going on? We have done Breezes as well and always have a great time there espeically if you all are drinkers!! But I was just checking out excursions from Carnival for our up coming cruise and there is the Barmoral Dolphin Encounter and Beach day at a private island where you can use your sail and sign card at 4 bars on the island and there is a pool and of course the Dolphin encounter for $89 pp . I would check that out ! They also have a site to look up NOT through the cruise ship but that price was $125pp. Hope you have a great 30th B-day!!! My kids ages 24-36 LOVE Breezes and yes they enjoy drinking too LOL!!

I think Barefoot Sailing, Sandy Toes and Flying Cloud all have full-day tours. I need to specify that I haven't been on any of these so I can't recommend them. I really liked the looks of the Flying Cloud tour and we almost booked it but then decided to do the speedboat tour instead. It's still on my list of things to do on a future cruise. :)

You could check out Trip Advisor for reviews.

RSLeesburg just posted the most recent Melia day pass information on this thread: http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2119683

I will look into those....thanks for the suggestions, and TripAdvisor is a really great source for reviews so I will do that as well!!! Thank you for your help!!!

What cruise line are you going on? We have done Breezes as well and always have a great time there espeically if you all are drinkers!! But I was just checking out excursions from Carnival for our up coming cruise and there is the Barmoral Dolphin Encounter and Beach day at a private island where you can use your sail and sign card at 4 bars on the island and there is a pool and of course the Dolphin encounter for $89 pp . I would check that out ! They also have a site to look up NOT through the cruise ship but that price was $125pp. Hope you have a great 30th B-day!!! My kids ages 24-36 LOVE Breezes and yes they enjoy drinking too LOL!!

Awesome!!! We are cruising Carnival so I will look into that excursion. I'm sure everyone will find something to do. I just have to have a multitude of options for everyone's varying budgets. Thanks for your help!!!!

• 1 month later...

I just have to say, for Melia, they have a lot of construction going on right now. We were just there a few weeks ago. They have a huge wall up between the pools and the ocean. In order to get out to the ocean, you have to walk all the way to 1 end to get out (the walls block the view of the ocean). There's only 1 way in and 1 way out. I'm not sure if that would make a difference to you or not.

The place is beautiful and the pools are wonderful. I just thought you would want to know.

I have a complete review with TONS of pictures located HERE and starting around post 151 if you are interested in seeing the place.