Stateroom door widths Princess / P&O

annalouise

Disembarked from Dawn Princess last week where Dad's walking frame was about 1cm too wide to slide through the stateroom door (as we knew in advance).

Does anyone know whether P&O have wider doors than Dawn? Preferably specifically Pacific Dawn or Pacific Jewel? I have found some info on the net about P&O UK ships that suggest the minimum width is 53cm, which would be ok for a 47cm walking frame, but not sure if this applies to P&O's fleet generally and initial enquiries with P&O cruise consultants haven't been reassuring.

Already posted on P&O. Thanks for the tip re disabled board - didn't know there was one! :)

I suggest you enquire on the Australia and New Zealand Cruisers section of this forum. It is likely there is someone there who has encountered this problem and will be able to answer your question.:)

Disembarked from Dawn Princess last week where Dad's walking frame was about 1cm too wide to slide through the stateroom door (as we knew in advance).

Does anyone know whether P&O have wider doors than Dawn? Preferably specifically Pacific Dawn or Pacific Jewel? I have found some info on the net about P&O UK ships that suggest the minimum width is 53cm, which would be ok for a 47cm walking frame, but not sure if this applies to P&O's fleet generally and initial enquiries with P&O cruise consultants haven't been reassuring.

Don't forget you have to subtract about 5-6cm for the door. The 53cm is the door frame opening.

Have you tried to book a 'handicap' cabin? They have much wider doors a well as a lot more space inside. :) I believe your father would need a letter from his doctor stating that he needs to use a medical aid to get around.